Acrylic tubs are lightweight, available in many different sizes and shapes, and are a popular choice of bathtubs in many homes. Cleaning your acrylic tub does not have to be a difficult task as long as you know the right kind of products to use. Here is everything you need to know about the best acrylic tub cleaner that you can use at home!
After spending dozens of hours doing online research and testing some of the most promising acrylic tub cleaners, we found the best results with the Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover. It is a unique product made for cleaning acrylic tubs that will make sure you never see those nasty stains again. The great thing is – this is a multipurpose cleaner. You can use it on any surface in your bathroom except for wood.
You can read more on our impressions with this product further down in this article. But first, you need to learn more about the topic at hand.
Table of Contents
- 1 How often do you need to clean your acrylic tub?
- 2 Is it safe to scrub an acrylic bathtub?
- 3 What are the qualities of a good cleaner for an acrylic bathtub?
- 4 What kind of stains do you usually find on an acrylic tub?
- 5 Can a good cleaner remove odor from an acrylic bathtub?
- 6 What is the best cleaner for acrylic tubs?
How often do you need to clean your acrylic tub?
Generally, it is essential that you clean your acrylic bathtub at least once a week. You can use a good tub cleaner for this. However, depending on how often you use your acrylic bathtub, the kind of water you get in your home and how dirty the tub is, you might have to clean your bathtub more than just once a week.
Is it safe to scrub an acrylic bathtub?
You can deep clean your acrylic bathtub occasionally to really remove any kind of stains, marks or spots that might have formed on your tub. However, an acrylic bathtub is inherently very soft and supple, which means that you can damage it easily if you use harsh, abrasive cleaners on it.
You can use a perfect acrylic tub cleaner which can help you clean and maintain your bathtub while also removing any kind of spots, marks, and stains. However, avoid using harsh abrasive cleaners and tools to clean your acrylic bathtub.
What are the qualities of a good cleaner for an acrylic bathtub?
There are many different varieties of cleaners available for your acrylic bathtub. However, when you are looking to choose the best cleaner for your bathtub at home, there are a few crucial points you should consider.
- The acrylic bathtub cleaner should not contain any bleach, acid, or harsh chemicals in them. Acrylic bathtubs are very soft and supple, which means that they can damage quite easily as well. The best way to clean an acrylic bathtub is to use a mild cleaner which does not contain any harsh chemicals or bleach, but simply helps you regularly clean and maintain the look and hygiene of your bathtub.
- You should also look for an acrylic bathtub cleaner which dissolves soap scum, rust stains, grime, dirt and spots from the surface of your tub. These are the most common kinds of places and issues that you might find on your bathtub, and the cleaner that you choose should be gentle, yet powerful enough to get rid of these marks and grime without damaging your tub.
- The last thing that you should look for in the best cleaner for your acrylic bathtub is that you should look for a cleanser which is affordable and economical. The price should be competitive, and the brand should have a good reputation on the market amongst customers.
What kind of stains do you usually find on an acrylic tub?
Acrylic tubs are very soft and supple and quite prone to developing stains and streaks on their surface. Some of the most common kind of stains you will find on your acrylic tub is soap scum, hard water stains, mold and mildew stains, and rust stains. You might also find yellow discoloration which might occur due to the accumulation of natural oil from a human’s body.
Can a good cleaner remove odor from an acrylic bathtub?
When you regularly use your acrylic bathtub, you will notice a kind of musty smell developing in your tub. The smell is due to building up residue, soap scum, natural oils from a human body, etc. A good cleaner can help remove all of these odors and leaves a mild, pleasant smell from your tub after you clean it.
What is the best cleaner for acrylic tubs?
There are hundreds of different products out there that “guarantee” that they can remove every stain from your acrylic bathtub. But only a few can live up to that promise. We tested the best selling cleaners, and here are our impressions:
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is a fantastic product when it comes to removing any type of stains from your acrylic tub. It dissolves the soap scum, body oils and mold stains without the need to scrub. Just spray the stained surface and after a few minutes just wipe it off with a cloth or a sponge. You can use it on pretty much any bathroom surface except for wood.Check the price on Amazon
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining your acrylic bathtub, there can be nothing better than a good cleaner that can help you get rid of soap scum, musty odors, grime, and other marks from your tub. The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is the best product on the market for your acrylic bathtub. It is gentle and mild, yet so powerful that it can help you get rid of any stains and odors you might have on your tub.
The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is a commercial strength tub cleaner which can help you remove all kinds of stains, marks, spots, and odor from your acrylic bathtub without damaging the surface.
The ingredients are very mild and do not contain any chemicals, bleach, or acid in them. It ensures that you do not damage your acrylic bathtub due to these harsh abrasives.
Bucko is very easy to use; all you need to do is spray it, allow it to sit undisturbed for a few minutes and simply rinse it off!
Why We Like It:
- An easy to use, hassle free acrylic tub cleaner can be hard to find, however, this cleaner is totally bothering free. Simply spray, sit, and rinse it off! You can even remove tough stains by merely letting the spray sit for longer before rinsing it off.
- The cleaner has a very mild, lemon water smell. It ensures that you can remove any kind of bad odors from your tub while leaving behind a soft, pleasant scent on the container after you have cleaned it.
- The easy to use spray bottle solution is a hassle-free approach to using your favorite acrylic tub cleaner.
- You can restore a beautiful shine to your acrylic bathtub after you have used Bucko to clean it.
What We Don’t Like:
- Some homeowners might not like the lemon water smell which Bucko leaves behind on your acrylic tub. However, this problem is quite easy to fix! Simply keep your bathroom well ventilated after you have used Bucko to clean it, and rinse the tub once again. It will get rid of the lemon water smell in no time.
Why You Should Get It:
If you are looking for a commercial strength acrylic tub cleaner which can help you remove all kinds of stains, marks, and odors from your tub without damaging the surface, then The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Remover is the best product you can get on the market! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.