For every dog owner, dog hair is just a fact of life. You just have to deal with it. It is one of the rare things that can make you think twice before adopting one of these furry friends. But with the right tools, you can save a ton of time while cleaning your home. We will share with you our pick for the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors.
In our home we have two dogs, so we are dealing with a ton of hair around the house. especially on the hardwood floors. After many years of testing different brooms, we found the best results with Evriholder Pet Hair Removal Broom – FURemover. It picks up the hair like a magnet. You can read the full review further down in this article.
Table of Contents
What makes a good broom for dog hair on hardwood floors?
Most dogs shed some amount of hair, whether you like it or not. While vacuum cleaners work wonders in cleaning up dog hair, sometimes you need a great broom to do the job on your hardwood floors.
When it comes to choosing the best broom for removing dog hair on hardwood floors, you should ideally look for a broom which has soft but firm bristles, allowing you to brush up the dog hair from your hardwood floors and not letting them float around the room.
The broom should also come with a long, extendable handle. This will allow you to get to all those hard to reach places like under your couch and furniture, without having to bend and extend the broom and hurt yourself while doing so. You should also ensure that the broom bristles are quite soft so that they do not scratch and leave marks on your hardwood floors.
What types of brooms are there?
There are several varieties of brooms that you will find on the market that you can use for cleaning up dog hair from your floors. Here are a few types:
- Natural rubber brooms: You can use these kinds of brushes as a magnet for dog hair. Since they have incredibly soft bristles, they do not scratch your hardwood floors or leave marks on them. However, they trap and lift the dig hair from your floors with ease.
- Thermoplastic rubber brooms: You can use these kinds of rubber brooms for their ability to stretch and elongate their bristles, and return to their original shape and size once left alone. This gives the rubber bristles a longer life span and also helps to stretch and grab the dog hair to make cleaning much more comfortable.
- Rubber broom and squeegee: These kinds of rubber brooms have soft bristles on one side and a squeegee on the other end which helps to absorb spills and liquids with ease.
- Electric brooms: An electric broom is that kind of a broom which you need to power with as it helps to lift, detangle and at the same time suction up the dog hair from your floors.
What type of broom should you use for removing dog hair?
When it comes to finding the best kind of broom to use for removing dog hair, the brooms which come with soft, rubber bristles on one end and have a squeegee on the other end are the best option for you. The soft rubber bristles not only help to trap and lift the dog hair with ease, without allowing the hair to fly around the room, but the soft bristles also do not damage your hardwood floors.
A broom with hard bristles can leave marks on your hardwood floors as you are cleaning up the dog hair, and this is something you do not want. The squeegee end of the broom also helps to pick up and absorb all kinds of liquids and spills, helping you clean up fluid as you pick up the dog hair from your hardwood floors.
Is a broom more effective than a vacuum cleaner for dog hair?
This is quite a debatable question as both a broom and vacuum have their strengths when it comes to cleaning up dog hair. A broom can effectively pick up and collect the dog hair, and you can neatly sweep it into a bin and get rid of the caught up dog hair. Many brooms come with a squeegee to help absorb liquids while cleaning the dog hair.
A vacuum uses a suction effect to pick up dog hair. However, it needs to be continuously cleaned out. Vacuums might also not be able to reach specific hard to get to places. However, a broom can do this effectively. Brooms are also lightweight and take up less space and hassle as compared to a vacuum cleaner for dog hair.
If you decide to go with a vacuum cleaner follow this link to see our pick.
Best brooms for removing dog hair
Evriholder Pet Hair Removal Broom – FURemover
For every dog owner, dog hair is just a fact of life. You just have to deal with it. It is one of the rare things that can make you think twice before adopting one of these furry friends. But with the right tools, you can save a ton of time. We will share with you our pick for the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors.Check the price on Amazon
Evriholder Pet Hair Removal Broom is one of the best products on the market for removing dog hair from your hardwood floors. The soft, rubber bristles gently trap and lift the dog hair from your floors, while the lint cleaner can help to remove the dog hair from upholstery.
The bristles are made of 100% natural rubber, making them highly effective in trapping the dog hair with ease.
You can extend the telescopic handle on the Evriholder up to 60 inches, allowing to get to all those hard to reach places and trap the stuck up dog hair from under them.
The squeegee edge allows you to wipe away any spills and liquids from your hardwood floors, while picking up any dust and dog hair on the way, giving you super clean and healthy wood floors in your home.
Why We Like It:
- The multipurpose tools allow you to use the Evriholder for picking up dog hair as well as cleaning up spills as you go.
- The extendable handle of the broom lets you extend and retract the handle according to your cleaning area needs.
- The broom is exceptionally sturdy and durable and is very long lasting. The soft rubber bristles do not scratch your hardwood floors even if you use it regularly to clean up dog hair.
- The design of the broom is very modern, lightweight, and does not take up much space due to the retractable handle.
What We Don’t Like:
- It is possible that you might spread the dog hair slightly while trying to rack them up in one area. However, this only happens if you use long strokes while cleaning up the dog hair. This issue is straightforward to fix if you use the broom as a rake and use short, precise motions to gather up the dog hair in one place before you dispose of them. This will prevent the dog hair from spreading around.
Why You Should Get It:
When it comes to finding the best broom for cleaning up dog hair from your hardwood floors, few brooms are as great as the Evriholder Pet Hair Removal Broom. This lightweight broom allows you to lift and clean up the dog hair from your hardwood floors without causing any damage to the floor. The broom is easy to clean and store and is the perfect product for your hardwood floors. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.