Dogs can be your best companion; however, owning a pet can come with its own set of complications. Most dogs shed hair wherever they go, and finding a reliable vacuum cleaner is very important to be able to clean up the dog hair. While most people love to use the old, corded, cumbersome vacuum cleaners, cordless vacuum cleaners are now becoming more popular for cleaning up dog hair. Here we will talk about the best cordless vacuum for dog hair.
In our home, we have two dogs and after years of using many different models of cordless vacuum cleaners in order to remove those annoying hairs, we found the best results with Dyson V6 Animal. It is the most efficient vacuum cleaner which will make your life so much easier. You can read the full review further down in this article!
Table of Contents
Are cordless vacuum cleaners suitable for dog hair?
The short answer is YES; if you get the right one!
Dog hair is present in all kinds of places; in between the sofa covers, under the table, on your carpet, on the bed and furniture, and even in corners of your room. A high-quality cordless vacuum cleaner will help you reach into all those “hard to reach” nooks and crannies of your home. The cordless technology allows you to travel around your home without the cumbersome feel of tugging the cords and finding a new power source in every room.
Dog hair is something that needs to be cleaned up regularly to maintain a healthy and clean home. This is why cordless vacuum cleaners are suitable for dog hair, as they allow you to reach all the tricky spots of your home, as well as clean up and maintain your home regularly. The lack of a cord means you have a lightweight yet sturdy machine on your hands, helping you clean up all the dog hair from your home without the hassle.
How to choose a cordless vacuum for dog hair?
There are several great models of cordless vacuum cleaners available on the market. However, when it comes to choosing the best cordless vacuum, there are a few factors you need to keep in mind.
Use these tips to find the best cordless vacuum cleaners for dog hair for your home:
- Attachments: When looking for an excellent cordless vacuum for dog hair, one of the best tools you can find is to have an additional pet hair attachment tool. This tool has been specifically designed to help pick up the pet hair and dander from floors, carpets, sofas and other surfaces with ease. While other cordless vacuums have excellent suction power, the pet hair attachment tool helps to lift, agitate the fibers, and then suction in the pet hair from different surfaces your home.
- Good filters: While most cordless vacuums come in a bagless design, having a good filter is essential. This allows the vacuum cleaner to pick up the pet dander and hair effectively while at the same time releasing fewer allergens for those pet owners who have allergies.
- Effective power backup: When trying to find a good cordless vacuum for dog hair, it is also essential to take into account how much power-backup the vacuum cleaner will offer you. While it is always advantageous to choose a cordless vacuum since you do not need to lug around a heavy cord with you as you vacuum, you also want to find a cordless vacuum which has enough battery to last you for a full cleaning session of one room. Typically, a good cordless vacuum should last for at least 20 minutes at a stretch.
- Lightweight models: When looking for good cordless vacuums for dog hair, one of the most critical factors you should look into is if the vacuum cleaner is lightweight or not. This is because typically, you will find dog hair stuck up in carpets, on your stairs, and even on top of furniture! This can be very difficult to clean if you do not find a lightweight model of vacuum cleaners, as the bulky models can be very hard to navigate in difficult places!
Best cordless vacuum cleaner for removing dog hair
After many years of using and testing different cordless vacuums for removing dog hair in our home, we narrowed it down to:
Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V6 Animal is the perfect vacuum cleaner for removing unwanted dog hair in your home. It is cord free with the power and performance that beats most full size corded vacuums. It is perfect or pet hair and dirt. With one charge you can run it for about 20 minutes which is more than enough to make your floors hair free.Check the price on Amazon
Having 2 dogs in our home somehow helped us to find the best cordless vacuum cleaner for picking up dog hair. Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is the best vacuum cleaner we ever used to remove our dogs’ hair. With an advanced technology on the brush bar, the cordless vacuum offers 150% more power for even more efficient cleaning and the ability to pick up even the tiniest hairs.
The Dyson V6 comes with a direct drive cleaner head which drives the brush bristles even deeper into your carpet. This allows you to remove more dirt along with pet hair and dander which lodged in your carpet fibers.
The cordless technology of the Dyson V6 allows you to navigate it easily all around your house. Whether you need to clean your sofa, your furniture your stairs, your carpet or even your bed, the Dyson is so lightweight and easy to operate that you can do all of it with ease.
The Dyson V6 also has long lasting power which lasts for 20 minutes at a stretch, allowing you to clean large areas of your home at one time.
Why We Like It:
- It is incredibly lightweight, with cordless and bagless technology, which allows you to drive your Dyson anywhere you need to clean your dog hair and pet dander.
- The mini motorized tool attached to the brush of the cordless vacuum cleaner helps to efficiently lift the fibers and dislodge any pet hair stuck in it, removing it with just one cycle of your vacuum cleaning.
- It can run efficiently for 20 minutes in one charge which gives you enough battery power to clean large portions of your home at a time and remove the dog hair from all the corners of your home efficiently.
- The Dyson V6 comes with a long handle which allows you to navigate the vacuum under the furniture to clean up any dog hair that might be stuck in hard to reach places.
What We Don’t Like:
- For those who have allergies, emptying the dust canister could be a tricky job since the pet hair and dirt can fly around the room. However, there is a straightforward fix to this problem. You can wear a protective mask and choose to clean out the dust canister on your Dyson V6 outdoors, where the flyaway dust and pet hair does not bother you any longer.
Why You Should Get It:
The Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is a powerful yet lightweight machine which is perfect for cleaning out dog hair from your home. The vacuum cleaner comes in a variety of beautiful colors; for those owners who like to clean in style! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon!
If you are interested in getting a robotic vacuum that will pick up dog hair while you sit back and relax, follow this link to take a look at our selection of best robotic vacuum cleaners.