When it comes to keeping the air of your home clean and pure, getting an air purifier is a great option. If you happen to have asbestos in your home, then getting the best HEPA air purifier for asbestos is a must. The HEPA filter effectively traps and removes all allergens and asbestos from your home.
After doing thorough research the one that stood out above all the other HEPA air purifiers when it comes to removing asbestos is the Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier. It has powerful filtration that is capable of removing the asbestos particles from large rooms. You can read more about our impressions with this product further down in this article.
Table of Contents
- 1 Does a HEPA filter actually remove asbestos?
- 2 How long can asbestos particles stay airborne?
- 3 How long does it take to remove asbestos from your home?
- 4 How harmful is asbestos exposure?
- 5 How does a HEPA air purifier remove asbestos?
- 6 How often should you change the HEPA filter in your air purifier?
- 7 What is the best air purifier with HEPA filter for asbestos?
Does a HEPA filter actually remove asbestos?
A HEPA filter can help you remove micro-sized particles or airborne particles from your home. While conventional vacuum cleaner filters cannot remove such small particles, a HEPA filter can effectively remove small particles of up to 0.3 microns in size.
Since asbestos has a size of 0.7 to 90 microns in size, HEPA filters are ultimately the perfect option for removing asbestos from your home.
How long can asbestos particles stay airborne?
Asbestos particles are microscopic in size. Only due to their shape as well as how light they are, it is possible for asbestos particles to stay airborne for 48 to 72 hours!
When working with asbestos particles, it is vital that you ensure not to spread or fling the asbestos particles through the air. This will cause them to remain airborne and distribute throughout your home, thus creating a great deal of damage to you and those in your home.
How long does it take to remove asbestos from your home?
Typically, it would take somewhere around a week to totally remove asbestos from your home. During this period, you would generally have to vacate your home for your own safety. However, by regularly using a HEPA filter air purifier, it is possible to eliminate the spreading and regrowth of asbestos in your home.
It is vital that you prevent the regrowth of asbestos in your home by regularly cleaning your home, using a vacuum cleaner as well as a good air purifier with a HEPA filter.
How harmful is asbestos exposure?
Even something as small as a one-time exposure to asbestos can be potentially harmful to you. However, long term exposure to asbestos can cause asbestosis, which is a severe, non-cancerous, yet, a chronic respiratory disease.
Constant exposure to small particles of asbestos can lead to several asbestos-related respiratory diseases. It is essential to keep your home clean and free of asbestos particles, no matter how small in the amount the particles might be.
How does a HEPA air purifier remove asbestos?
HEPA air purifiers are 99.97% effective in trapping and removing airborne particles in your home. The main work of a HEPA filter is to catch the small, minute airborne particles in your home. A HEPA filter can trap micron-sized particles of up to 0.3 microns in size.
When the air purifier sucks the air in your room, the little pieces of dust, allergens and other small particles are also sucked into the air filter. At this point, the air purifier which has a HEPA filter traps the small asbestos particles in its filters.
Typically, asbestos particles have a size of 0.7 to 90 microns. Since HEPA filters effectively trap tiny particles, it can easily catch the asbestos particles from your home.
How often should you change the HEPA filter in your air purifier?
If you use your air purifier regularly, then you should get your HEPA air filters checked every 3 to 6 months. The technicians will be able to guide you on when you need to change your HEPA filters next.
Typically, you would need to change your HEPA filters just once a year, unless you might have damaged the air filter or it is heavily soiled.
What is the best air purifier with HEPA filter for asbestos?
We spent many hours doing deep research on how you can capture asbestos and how a HEPA filter can help you. After all, we narrowed it down to:
Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier
Alen BreatheSmart is a HEPA air purifier explicitly designed for large rooms up to 1.100 sg ft. The HEPA filter built in this device is more than capable of removing all the asbestos particles. The air purifier comes in a variety of front patterns which will make sure that it fits the decor of your home no matter what. If you live in a big house, this is the perfect solution for you.Check the price on Amazon
Many homeowners with larger rooms often look for the best HEPA air purifiers which can clean their air and help them get rid of asbestos. The Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier is the best air purifier on the market for this job.
A super efficient air purifier which cleans 1100 square feet of your room every 30 minutes, the Alen BreatheSmart air purifier can tackle large areas with optimal efficiency.
One of the best things about this air purifier is the WhisperMax technology, which allows you to enjoy a noise-free environment even when your air purifier is running on Turbo mode!
An air quality indicator on the Alen BreatheSmart helps detect the air quality in your room in real time. The air quality indicator light allows you to read the actual air quality of your room at any point of time with high accuracy.
Another advanced technology on the Alen BreatheSmart is the Laser Smart Sensor. The sensor can detect airborne particles up to 0.3 microns in size. Once identified, the air purifier works its magic to trap and remove all these airborne particles and make the air of your home as clean and breathable as possible.
Why We Like It:
- A powerful filtration technology on the Alen BreatheSmart air purifier captures 99% of airborne particles in your home. The HEPA filter is powerful and helps to remove airborne particles and allergens up to the size of 0.3 microns. It also works wonders in trapping asbestos from your home.
- The WhisperMax technology allows you to enjoy a soundless air filtration process, even when the machine is running on Turbo speed. You can use your air purifier even at night without any disturbances.
- A filter life indicator light allows you to keep a check on when it is time to clean out or change your HEPA air filters next.
- A comfortable lift handle located at the back of the air purifier allows you to easily transport the machine from one room to another without any hassle.
What We Don’t Like:
- When the indicator is on ‘red,’ the sound coming from the air purifier is actually noticeable, compared to the other modes when the air purifier is completely soundless. While this can be an issue for some people, you will notice that if you put on your TV or some music, the noise is not noticeable at all. Once the red indicator turns off, the sound is gone once again.
Why You Should Get It:
For those homeowners looking for the best air purifier with HEPA filters, the Alen BreatheSmart is the best option for you on the market. Alen BreatheSmart has advanced technologies, is noise free, and works super efficiently at removing asbestos from your homes! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
- The negative effects of asbestos – cancer.gov