If you have a home with hardwood floors, soft rugs or laminate flooring, you might be looking for the best vacuum without beater bar. After studying and using the most popular vacuum cleaners on the market, I have found the top 5 vacuum cleaners for your home without a beater bar. Check out my recommendations of the best vacuum cleaners on the market for your home without a beater bar!
After thorough research and using dozens of different models, we found that the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum was the best vacuum cleaner that doesn’t have a beater bar. It is lightweight and has incredible suction power. Check out our full review below.
Table of Contents
- 1 #01. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum
- 2 #02. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, Moondust
- 3 #03. ProVac CN 10 qt. Canister Vacuum
- 4 #04. Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
- 5 #05. WELIKERA Cordless Vacuum
- 6 Buyers Guide
This is a lightweight upright vacuum that possesses a great cleaning power. The HEPA filter inside does a great job to trap dust and allergens. It also has swivel steering for better control. In addition to this, the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum has a special button for switching between bare floor and carpet cleaning.Check the price on Amazon
Shark Ninja is our top pick. One of the lightest vacuums with such strong suction power. During the time we used this one in showed remarkable ability to suck up all the dirt, debris, and pet dander from our home without a glitch.
The SharkNinja Vacuum is the best vacuum that doesn’t have a beater bar on the market considering value for money. The anti-allergen technology on this vacuum seals off all the dirt inside the filter itself, keeping your home clean.
- Product dimensions: 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches
- Product weight: 12.5 pounds
- Cord length: 25 feet
- Cleaning path width: 9.25 inches
- The Long cord length will ensure easier movement when cleaning in your home.
- Anti-allergen seal technology with HEPA filter. The HEPA filter is excellent when dealing with dust mites and allergens. This is especially important for users that have allergy problems.
- Extensive pet upholstery tool for picking up pet dander without a beater brush
- Lightweight design which makes it perfect for daily usage as well as people with back pain problems.
- The vacuum is a bit heavier on the top rather than the bottom, which can cause it to tip over sometimes
However, this is not an issue if you can make the vacuum stand with something to lean on. The vacuum cleaner does not tip over if appropriately angled.
Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon. Find out all about the SharkNinja, the best value for money vacuum without a beater brush for your home! Follow this link if you want to read more Shark Vacuum Cleaner reviews.
#02. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, Moondust
A great wet and dry vacuum for cleaning hardwood floors, tiles, rugs, and carpets all at the same time. The Hoover Vacuum Cleaner has no beater bar, yet cleans your floors and carpets to make them look as good as new in no time.
If you are looking for a vacuum without beater bar that can work as wet and dry Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner is the best option you can find on the market.
- Product dimensions: 14.4 x 12.8 x 32.8 inches
- Product weight: 23 pounds
- Cord length: 27 feet
- Tank capacity: 32 oz.
- Nozzle width: 13 inches
- Separate tanks for clean and dirty water for maintaining hygiene. This way you will never have to clean with dirty water again.
- Can be used for different kinds of floors, but they must be well sealed. If your floorboards are loose and not sealed well with coating, the water can cause damage.
- Powerful suction mechanism perfect for stubborn stains
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver especially if you suffer from lower back pain.
- The water tank gets filled up quickly and may leave a small puddle of water on the floor
However, this is a problem with a straightforward solution. You can wear rubber slippers while using the wet vacuum function of this machine. When you see a water puddle, use the vacuum over the area to clean it up again, and your problem will go away!
Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon. Find out all about the fantastic wet and dry vacuum, the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner which works beautifully without having a beater bar attached. Use it as a multi-floor cleaner on your hardwood floors, tiles, laminate flooring, carpets and soft rugs with no hassle!
#03. ProVac CN 10 qt. Canister Vacuum
A powerful vacuum cleaner with a large tank capacity, a long cord for reaching larger areas while cleaning, and professionally built quality. It is a perfect vacuum without a beater bar for professional cleaning services.
Due to the large capacity tank and the extra long power chord, you can quickly cover vast areas. The ProTeam Vacuum Cleaner is the most versatile and powerful vacuum cleaner on the market for your needs.
- Product dimensions: 31 x 16 x 18 inches
- Product weight: 12 pounds
- Cord length: 50 feet
- 10-quart filter
- Extra-large tank capacity that will help you clean your home at once, without having to empty it out often.
- Extra-long power cord, which is helpful if you want to move around faster without having to plug and unplug too much.
- Different tools for different requirements which are great, especially if you have pets.
- Quiet technology for noiseless cleaning.
- The vacuum uses paper filters which might get expensive for pet owners
However, you can always sell your cat. Just kidding, although paper filters are not perfect for pet owners, the suction power is so good that it overshadows this small issue. Since it is also big, it will be a while before you go on and replace the filters.
Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon. Find out more about the ProTeam Vacuum Cleaner, the most powerful vacuum on the market.
#04. Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum
An easy to use, portable, canister style vacuum cleaner which does its job within minutes, the Bissell Canister Vacuum is not just super cute to look at but is also extremely powerful even without a beater bar.
- Product dimensions: 18.6 x 11.1 x 11.5 inches
- Product weight: 12.5 pounds
- Telescopic Wand
- An indicator for when the dirtbag is full, so you don’t have to wonder or check manually.
- Automatic rewind for the long power cord with just a button for fast retraction.
- Adjustable settings on suction power, which is helpful when cleaning different types of floors, carpets, or rugs.
- The telescopic hose extenders which attach the hose tool to the machine do not lock; instead, they slide into each other. This fault can cause it sometimes to come apart if pulled forcefully.
However, there is an easy fix to this problem. You can apply tape to the attachable area, or even tie a few rubber bands. The tape will fixate the hose and make sure it remains attached without disconnecting during your next cleaning session!
Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon. Read all about the powerful Bissell Canister Vacuum, powerful and easy to maneuver at the same time!
#05. WELIKERA Cordless Vacuum
For those who are looking for the perfect cordless vacuum on the market which is powerful enough to clean your home like it’s new, the WELIKERA handheld vacuum is the ideal companion for you.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new vacuum cleaner, this is probably one of the best options without a beater bar you can find on the market.
- Product dimensions: 13 x 2 x 3 inches
- Product weight: 2.7 pounds
- An LED light and battery indicator
- Has an LED light which comes handy when cleaning in dark corners
- Extremely quiet vacuuming so you don’t have to worry about waking up your family early in the mornings or scare away your beloved pet.
- Translucent dirt bowl which makes it easy to see when you need to empty the dirt out
- The vacuum lasts for only about 25 minutes at a stretch
However, this vacuum is ideal for cleaning up dirt and pet hair without any hassle. You can clean sections of your home at a time and recharge once again before the next use.
Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon. Read all about this cordless vacuum cleaner without beater bar. If you don’t want to spend a lot and yet you want to have a great vacuum cleaner, definitely check it out.
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding vacuum cleaners that don’t have a beater bar:
What is a vacuum without a beater bar?
Vacuum cleaners are one of the best household inventions which have made it so much easier to keep your houses clean. There are many varieties of vacuum cleaners you can choose from for your home.
Vacuum cleaners often come with a beater bar or a beater brush. It is a smooth, contoured metal brush which is fixated to the rotating brushes on your vacuum cleaner. This metal brush agitates the rotating brush, basically causing a ‘beating while sweeping’ motion. Essentially, the beater brush picks up the fibers of the carpet or cloth where you are vacuuming and gently vibrates it.
Vacuums without a beater bar do not have this additional vibrating metal brush; thus, it does not agitate the rotating brush or cause a ‘beating motion’ on the surface where you are vacuuming. You can find many vacuums without a beater bar on the market.
How does a vacuum without beater bar work?
The beater bar is a contoured metal brush which is attached to the rotating brushes of your vacuum cleaner. When your vacuum cleaner does not have a beater bar, the rotating brushes continue to sweep and suck all the dust and debris off the surface without the agitating, vibrating motion of the beater bar. This allows the vacuum to run smoothly on the surface you are vacuuming without causing the beating motion.
When you use a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar, you can enjoy all the same features, without the ‘fluffing up’ of the fibers of your carpet or any other surface you are vacuuming on. If you use a vacuum with a beater bar on smooth surfaces such as your hardwood floors, you might even cause damage to the surface.
Beater vs. no beater bar vacuum – which one is better?
If you are wondering whether you should buy a vacuum with a beater bar or without one, you will first need to understand what purpose the beater bar serves.
The beater bar is a metal bar which is attached to the brushes of the vacuum cleaner. This beater bar agitates or vibrates the brushes, thus causing the fibers of the surface (such as your cushions, your carpet, etc.) to be lifted, vibrated, and then swept. The beater bar causes a ‘beating as you sweep’ motion.
However, this beater bar can cause damage if used on your hardwood floors or laminated floors. Since your hardwood floors and laminated floors are smooth and do not need to be ‘beaten’ to be cleaned, the beating motion can cause scratches and swipes on the surface.
Using the beater bar vacuum cleaner on other fibrous surfaces can also prove to be quite damaging, as the thread ends might become loose due to the constant tugging and cleaning motion on it. The fibers might even come off and get lodged into the vacuum cleaner itself.
If you want to maintain the original finish and look on your floors after you are done with vacuuming, it is always best to opt for a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar. More often than not, using your vacuum cleaner with a beater bar on carpets and other such surfaces can also damage them, so it would be best if you eliminate the beater bar.
If you live in a house with pets, you know that pet hair or dander can often get lodged between the fibers of your carpet. In this case, while a beater bar vacuum cleaner can do the job better than a standard vacuum cleaner without a beater bar, you could also be damaging the carpet fibers while doing so. In this case, you can opt for a vacuum cleaner with a stiff roller brush instead, which will do the same job without damaging your carpet.
For what types of floors is a no beater bar vacuum?
If you have hardwood floors, vinyl floors, laminate or tile floors, then vacuum cleaners without beater bars would be the perfect option for you. Since the vacuum cleaners with beater bars cause a vibrating motion on the brushes, or a ‘beating motion’, this can damage the smooth floor finish that you have.
The vacuum cleaners without a beater bar were designed to be used on these kinds of floors. They sweep, suck and clean up all the dirt and debris off of your floors without causing any damage to the floor polish and look.
However, you can also use the no beater bar vacuum on carpeted floors, as they do the job just as well. The no beater bar vacuum cleaners are powerful and suck up all the dust, dirt and debris from in between the fibers of your carpeted floors as well, giving you a clean and healthy living environment.
Why avoid vacuums with a beater bar?
Vacuums with beater bars can adversely, be quite harmful to your hardwood or laminate floors. The beater bar on your vacuum cleaner can cause the dust and debris to be thrown around, instead of settling them into one place and helping the vacuum cleaner suck it up. The other risk that you run with the vacuums with a beater bar is that your floors can get scratched due to the vibrating and ‘beating’ motion created by the beater bar.
If you happen to use a vacuum with a beater bar on surfaces such as carpets or cloths, the first few times you might get good results. However, with regular usage, you will find that the threads and fibers on the cloth surface start to loosen up. These threads or fibers can even come off entirely and become lodged in the vacuum cleaner itself. The texture of your carpet or other cloth surfaces also, inevitably, gets ruined over time.
Whether you wish to use your vacuum cleaner on a smooth surface such as laminate floors, vinyl or hardwood floors, or you, wish to run it over your carpet, couches, and other such surfaces, it is always a good idea to avoid vacuums with beater bars. These vacuums can cause more damage than good, and thus, it is better to use vacuum cleaners without a beater bar.