Do you remember when was the last time you cleaned your oven glass door? I am sure it is not something you look forward to, but once done it makes a huge difference in the kitchen. Cleaning that brown stained oven door glass can be very easy! No matter which option you pick it will take just a few minutes to make it shine like new!
Before doing anything make sure the oven is completely cool. You don’t want to put your hands or some cleaners on a hot oven. Plan your task in advance. Put your gloves and try to remove any big food or burnt residues. Don’t scrape to avoid scratching the glass. Use a sponge dipped in warm water and dish-washing liquid to remove the grease. Wipe the surface with wet and then dry cloth. Now you can try any of the following methods and see which one you prefer or which one works the best for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to clean oven glass with baking soda?
- 2 How to clean oven glass with toothpaste?
- 3 How to clean oven glass with vinegar?
- 4 The Best Products for Cleaning Oven Glass?
- 5 Using WD40 to clean the oven
- 6 How to clean the oven door between the glass?
- 7 How to clean between oven glass without disassembling the door?
How to clean oven glass with baking soda?
Create a paste by mixing baking soda with warm water. Add enough water to just make it paste like, no more. Cover the surface of the glass with the mixture and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. While rubbing the surface you will notice the mixture is starting to get brown. That means i already started working. After the baking soda works its magic, you will be able to wipe the food and oil residues right off. You can use a plastic spatula to help you remove some stubborn spots. Last, wipe the glass with wet and then dry clean cloth.
How to clean oven glass with toothpaste?
Cover the glass panel with toothpaste. You can use a course sponge, that you can purchase at the local dollar store. Once you have covered the problematic areas with toothpaste, start scrubbing with a dry sponge. Do this for a couple of minutes. Wet the sponge with warm water and continue with the scrubbing until you have removed all the stains. If there are some stubborn areas add more toothpaste and continue scrubbing. After you removed all the stains, rinse the glass with clean wet sponge until the toothpaste is removed. The whole process should take about 5 minutes to complete.
How to clean oven glass with vinegar?
This is more like a step that should follow the baking soda. Yes, the white vinegar is a miracle worker and can replace many expensive products, but in my experience for cleaning an oven, it works better when combined with baking soda. After you cleaned the baking soda that was left to sit on the glass for 20 to 30 minutes, spray some white vinegar. When the vinegar gets in reaction with the leftover baking soda it will start to foam. Clean the foam with a damp cloth. Do this until you no longer see foam forming on the surface.
The Best Products for Cleaning Oven Glass?
In case the tips from above are not working for you, you can always rely on products that are made for cleaning ovens. They are not as cheap as baking soda or vinegar but sometimes you have to pull the big guns in the house. This is the list of top products that can help you clean the oven glass. Some of them can be used for more than just the glass.
- Easy-Off Professional Oven & Grill Cleaner – This is the heavy oven cleaner made by the company. NUMBER ONE oven and grill cleaner in the U.S. It is made to easily remove tough burnt-on food and grease. Since it is a very strong cleaner you should use rubber gloves and a mask. After you used the cleaner to clean, run the oven for about 15 minutes on 300 degrees before using it. Do this in a well-ventilated kitchen. You can check here the current price on Amazon.
- Rutland Hearth and Grill Conditioning Glass Cleaner – This is kind of a multi-purpose cleaner. It cleans glass, stainless steel, chrome, and ceramic. I purchased it based on the reviews and it works just fine. You can check here the current price on Amazon and read the reviews.
- Puracy Natural All Purpose Cleaner – This one is not one of the strongest cleaners, but if you are looking for all natural cleaner, you should definitely try it. A while ago it was mentioned in The New York Times, NBC, CBS… Smells great, cleans very well. I even use it for some stains on the hardwood floor. Check here the current price on Amazon.
Using WD40 to clean the oven
Can you clean the glass with WD-40 Multi-Use cleaner? Yes, you can, but I would suggest using it on the outside of the glass door or the other elements that don’t get in direct contact with the food. This is an awesome cleaner and I think every house should have it. It is a real miracle worker. WD-40 has a harsh smell, which may make you feel nauseous or dizzy. Open the windows when using it. You can check here the current price on Amazon
How to clean the oven door between the glass?
Okay let’s say you’ve done your work and cleaned the glass both inside and out, but your oven is double glassed and you are still able to see some dirt on it? That is because sometimes there might be food dripping down between the two glass panels, grease traveling through steam vapors, or even maybe you spilled something in between.
The first step is to remove the inner glass panel. Some ovens have very easy to remove the inner glass, but some require removing the whole door and then separating the glass. You can find more information on how to do it in your user manual. WARNING: if your oven is still under warranty you should contact your seller to avoid losing the warranty.
Use one of the methods listed above to clean the glass. After you are done, put everything back together.
How to clean between oven glass without disassembling the door?
You can clean the glass from the inside without disassembling the door as well. This will be handy for regular maintenance. If you take a look under the door, on the bottom edge, you can find small openings that give you access to space in between the glass. Depending on the size of those openings, you can use a wire or a yardstick with cloth attached. Before going in, dip the cloth in warm soapy water. You can use regular dish soap. Attach the cloth to the wire or the yardstick firmly, or else it will fall inside and you may find it difficult to remove get it out. Wipe the inside panels a couple of times and then to this step just with clean warm water.
I hope you will find my tips useful. If you have some, feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
Also read: Best cleaners for stove top grease.