Had a little cooking accident in the kitchen and now your favorite dress has a nasty butter stain on it? Or maybe your kid decided to have a butter fight with you, and now all you can think about is that ugly butter stain mark? Well, there is no need to wrack your brains on getting butter out of clothes, as this article will tell you just that! Here you will read all about homemade solutions as well as special cleaners such as the Carbona Stain Devils; you can get from Amazon now!
Table of Contents
- 1 What gets butter stains on clothes?
- 2 How to remove butter stains using laundry detergent
- 3 How to remove tougher butter stains with powder and soap
- 4 Remove butter stains from delicate clothes
- 5 Commercial cleaners to remove butter stains from clothes
- 6 Shout Trigger Triple-acting Stain Remover
- 7 Puracy Natural Stain Remover
- 8 Carbona Stain Devils
- 9 How to prevent butter stains
What gets butter stains on clothes?
Some of the most common causes of getting butter stains on your clothes can be a simple morning task, such as cooking something on the frying pan. Inevitably, there will be oil splatters, and you might get a few nasty oil stains on the sleeves of your favorite shirt. You can also get a butter stain while eating your favorite butter cookie. However, removing these butter stains from your clothes does not have to be a nightmare!
How to remove butter stains using laundry detergent
The first thing to remember before getting the butter out your clothes is to keep in mind that every different item of clothing will have different washing instructions. It is always advisable to check the manufacturer’s instructions on the label before attempting to wash the stained clothes yourself.
- Now, to remove butter stains from your clothes using laundry detergent, you will need to pour a small amount of a laundry detergent of your choice on to the stained area.
- Let the detergent soak for a few minutes, before gently rubbing the stained area, either using your hands or using a soft brush.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions and soak the stained clothes in the highest temperature which is allowed. You can repeat the steps above a few times until the stain is completely removed, before drying the clothes.
How to remove tougher butter stains with powder and soap
With this method, you can remove stubborn butter stains from your clothes with the help of powder and soap.
- The first step is to sprinkle the butter-stained area on your clothes with corn-starch, baking powder, talcum or baby powder. Completely cover this stained area with the powder, as it will help absorb a lot of the butter.
- Allow the powder to sit on the butter stain for at least half an hour.
- Now, using a soft bristled brush (do not use a hard brush because it can ruin your clothes), gently brush away the powder from the stain in swift motions. If the butter stain is still on your clothing, you can repeat the powder process once again.
- Now, you can use dishwashing soap to rub the butter stain.
- Submerge the stained piece of clothing in hot water for 20 minutes or so, after which you will remove it and place it under room temperature water.
- If the butter stain it is gone, you can place your clothes to dry, if not, you can repeat the process once again!
Remove butter stains from delicate clothes
Your delicate clothes like suede need to be handled a little more gently than others, so using harsh detergents on them is not the best idea. For your more delicate clothing, you can use a paste made of vinegar and corn-starch.
Apply this paste on the stained area and let it sit for half an hour, before using a soft brush to remove it. Then, using a micro-fiber cloth or a soft cloth, dip some more vinegar on the towel and rub the stained area to eradicate the stain.
Commercial cleaners to remove butter stains from clothes
While these home remedies might work wonders for most, sometimes, some butter stains are just a little too stubborn to come off. In that case, you can try out some of these commercial cleaners:
Shout Trigger Triple-acting Stain Remover
Shout Trigger with its triple action power is a great cleaner that will help you get the butter stains from your clothes. It doesn’t contain bleach in the formula, so it will not cause any damage to your clothing.
- Easy to spray trigger bottle design
- Refillable bottle
- Concentrated formula to work on tough grease stains
- Works on all kinds of fabrics
- Can be used on all sorts of color-fast fabrics
- The bottle design is economical
- Can be used on any temperature
- The solution may not work as well on industrial grease stains
However, if you repeat the process using Shout stain remover a couple of times, you will be able to remove most of the stains from your clothes.
Shout Trigger is a very versatile product which works on all fabrics in all temperatures. It deserves a Shout Out! Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Puracy Natural Stain Remover
For those home-owners with a greener perspective, Puracy Stain Remover is a natural, non-toxic and cruelty-free formula to remove butter from your clothes!
- The formula is powered by 6 plant-based enzymes which work like magic
- All natural ingredients – non-toxic formula
- Works on all kinds of fabrics
- Gentle formula that does not cause staining or bleaching colored clothes
- Biodegradable bottle, environmentally safe
- Can be used on all types of stains
- Slight citrusy smell
However, this is an entirely natural odor and does not have any chemical effect. After washing the cloth, the scent will disappear.
For those who are more environmentally conscious, Puracy Natural Stain Remover is the best natural butter stain remover you can find for your clothing! Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Carbona Stain Devils
Carbona Stain Devils works best on cooking oil since it is fluid. Still, it is quite useful in most cases when dealing with butter stains.
- Works on all stains
- Easy to use, plastic bottle
- Works on colored clothes without causing discoloration
- Works on all fabrics
- Fast working solution
- Different varieties of liquids available
- You need to soak some of the stains for a more extended period
However, Carbona effectively removes all stains if left on the stain for the recommended period! By the time it does the job, you can do something else in the house.
For removing all your butter stains with no hassle. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
How to prevent butter stains
Of course, prevention is the best cure! You can try and be extra careful when working with grease in your garage, wear protective clothing, or even a set of old clothes when you are cooking, preventing grease splatter stains from ruining your favorite garments! Also read: How to get dried nail polish out of clothes.