Most people choose nylon bags because of their durability and sturdiness. However, if you do not regularly clean your nylon bag, you will invariably reduce its lifespan. If you are wondering how to clean a nylon bag in some of the easiest ways possible, here is everything you need to know about cleaning your nylon bags!
Table of Contents
How to clean your nylon bag using soap and water
For those who clean their nylon bags regularly, you can use this soap and water method to clean your nylon bags easily. Here is how you can do it:
- The first thing you will need to do is to remove all of the items from your nylon bag and unzip its compartments before you wash it.
- Fill up your bathtub, laundry basin, or sink with warm water. Now, add a few drops of mild laundry detergent into the water and stir it to create a soapy, sudsy solution.
- Place your nylon bag into this soapy solution and allow it to soak thoroughly, for at least one hour.
- Remove the nylon bag from the soap solution after one hour. Take a damp cloth and rub at the stains and marks on your nylon bag to get rid of them. If there are any stubborn stains, then take an old toothbrush and scrub the stains from your nylon bag. Dip your old toothbrush into the soapy water solution and continue rubbing it to remove any remaining marks from your nylon bag.
- Now, drain the soapy water out of your bathtub or laundry basin or sink. Fill it up again with fresh, warm water.
- Rinse the nylon bag thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe the entire nylon bag entirely with a dry cloth or towel, even the insides, the pockets and all the compartments of your nylon bag.
- Finally, hang your nylon bag outside to air dry naturally, but avoid hanging it out in direct sunlight as the color of the nylon bag might fade.
How to clean your nylon bag with baby wipes
- Remove all the contents of your nylon bag.
- Take a baby wipe in your hand and gently begin scrubbing the marks or spills directly on your nylon bag.
- If there are any stubborn stains, you can even squirt one pump of a mild hand washing soap on your baby wipe and wipe the nylon bag with it.
- Take another baby wipe to altogether remove all the soap residue from your nylon bag.
- Finally, wipe the entire bag with a clean cloth.
How to clean your nylon bag in a washing machine
Another excellent method to clean your nylon bag is to put it in your washing machine. Here is how you can do it:
- Empty out all the contents from your nylon bag.
- Take it outside and hold it upside down. Shake it and make sure you remove any crumbs or dirt from the nylon bag.
- Now, set your washing machine in the coldest temperature setting, as this will ensure that any stains or marks do not set on your bag.
- Add usual laundry detergent into the washing machine, however, add only half the amount of soap you would combine into a small load of laundry.
- Wash you nylon bag in the standard spin cycle settings as you would for other clothes.
- Finally, remove your bag from the washing machine and hang it out to air dry. Do not put your nylon bag in the dryer as it will damage it. Also, make sure that you don’t place your nylon bag in direct sunlight to prevent fading of the colors.
How to clean nylon bags using talcum powder
In case you have any oil-based stains or spills on your nylon bag, you can use talcum powder to clean it. Here is how you can do it:
- Remove all the contents from your nylon bag before you begin.
- Take a soft cloth and wipe away the oil spill or stain from your nylon bag, but don’t rub it too hard.
- Take some talcum powder and sprinkle it directly on the oil stain or spill on your nylon bag.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes as the talcum powder absorbs the oil.
- Take an old toothbrush and gently brush away the talcum powder from the bag.
- If the stain persists, simply repeat the steps with the talcum powder and toothbrush.
- Once you have removed the stains, you can wash your nylon bag.
- Now either place it into the washing machine and run it on a normal spin cycle using the coldest water settings, or you can manually wash your nylon bag in the sink.
- Create a soap water solution and hand soak your nylon bag in the tub.
- Once you have done this, allow your nylon bag to air dry naturally by hanging it outside.
How to clean your nylon bag with alcohol
Finally, you can also use rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol to clean your nylon bag. Here is how you can do it:
- The first step to this process is for you to take an old toothbrush and gently brush out any stains from the surface of your nylon bag.
- Now, take a microfiber cloth and squirt a small, dime-sized pump of mild detergent on the fabric.
- Use the material to scrub out any stains from your nylon bag.
- Pour a few drops of rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol directly on to the stubborn stains of your nylon bag.
- Take a clean cloth and blot away the stains.
- Take your hair dryer on the lowest heat settings and dry the nylon bag.
- Finally, you can wash your nylon bag in the washing machine and hang it out to dry.