We all spend several hours a day with our heads pressed against our pillows, so of course, it is essential to keep them clean and hygienic. Your Tempur Pedic pillows are made of a very delicate memory foam which cannot withstand very harsh cleaning methods. If you are looking for the best ways on how to clean a Tempurpedic pillow, here are some of the easiest ways you should know about.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using cornstarch and baking soda
- 2 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using soap and water
- 3 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar
- 4 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
- 5 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using a fabric cleaner
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using cornstarch and baking soda
Corn starch and baking soda both help to absorb any kind of moisture as well as odors from your Tempurpedic pillow. Here is how you can use it:
- Take a large bowl and pour in a mixture of corn starch and baking soda in an equal ratio.
- Mix it up well, and then sprinkle the powder generously over your entire Tempurpedic pillow.
- Allow it to sit undisturbed for an hour while it absorbs all of the moisture and odors from your pillow.
- Finally, use your vacuum cleaner over the Tempurpedic pillow about 3 to 4 times, till you absorb all of the residual corn starch and baking soda mixture from your pillow. The dry cleaning method of cleaning your Tempurpedic pillow is handy as it does not damage the texture of your pillow, but at the same time gets rid of all the odors from the pillow as well.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using soap and water
Your Tempurpedic pillows come with a removable cover which you can easily wash in the washing machine, or even hand wash. When you are hand washing your pillow, make sure you are gentle with it, and you do not use any harsh chemicals or abrasives. Here is how you can do it:
- Remove the cover from your Tempurpedic pillow. You can either wash it in the washing machine in the cold setting with a very mild detergent, or you can even hand wash the Tempurpedic pillow cover using a mild detergent in the sink or in your bathtub.
- Once you finish cleaning the pillow cover, you can put it into your dryer on the cool setting, or simply place it on the clothesline for drying naturally.
- As for your Tempurpedic pillow, you can always use a spot cleaning treatment to remove any spills, marks, stains, or spots from the pillow.
- Take a small bowl and add some water (regular, room temperature water or cold water) and a few squirts of a mild hand washing detergent into it. Mix this well.
- Use this solution for spot cleaning treatment of your Tempurpedic pillow using a sponge or a damp cloth.
- Dip a cloth of a sponge into the soap and water solution and squeeze out this solution on the spots or stains of your pillow. Using the sponge or the cloth, use gentle, circular motions to remove any stains from your pillow.
- Using another dry cloth, blot up the stains and the excess liquid from your pillow so that there is no moisture or stains are remaining on your pillow anymore.
- Keep your Tempurpedic pillow outside in the sunlight to dry it, and also to kill any dust mites while you ventilate your pillows and remove odors along with it.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar
Vinegar is a brilliant solution that you can use to remove stains, odors, and even kill bacteria and dust mites from your Tempurpedic pillow. Here is how you can use it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with equal parts of white distilled vinegar and water. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Fill up a spray bottle with this vinegar and water solution.
- Spray the solution directly on your Tempurpedic pillow and allow it to soak for just a few minutes. You can remove any odor, stain, and bacteria from your Tempurpedic pillow using this solution.
- After a few minutes, take a clean, dry, white towel and use it to blot away the vinegar-water solution from your pillow till the pillow feels completely dry.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
In case of stubborn marks, stains or spills, you can use a solution of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to clean your pillow. Here is how you can do it:
- In a small bowl, add one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide along with one teaspoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix this well to create a fizzy solution.
- Using a sponge or a clean cloth, apply this solution directly on to the areas which require spot cleaning on your Tempurpedic pillows.
- In case of very stubborn or persistent stains, you will have to allow the solution to soak overnight.
- The next day, take a sponge or a clean cloth and blot the stained area on your pillow using cold water only. Slowly, the stain should remove, and you will be left with a clean pillow.
- Allow your Tempurpedic pillow to air dry in the sunlight, which will remove all odors and kill any dust mites and bacteria on your pillow.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using a fabric cleaner
You can also use this excellent method to clean your Tempurpedic pillows and get rid of stains, dust, odors, and bacteria from your pillows. Here is how you can do it:
- The first thing you have to do is vacuum your Tempurpedic pillow. Lay it on a flat surface and run your vacuum cleaner about 3 to 4 times over your pillow.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it up with water and fabric cleaner. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Spray this solution directly on your Tempurpedic pillow.
- Allow the solution to soak undisturbed for about 30 minutes, after which you can blot the solution using a clean towel.
- Finally, allow your Tempurpedic pillow to air dry naturally in the sunlight.