We all spend several hours a day with our heads pressed against our pillows, so of course, it is essential to keep them clean and hygienic. Your Tempur Pedic pillows are made of a very delicate memory foam which cannot withstand very harsh cleaning methods. If you are looking for the best ways on how to clean a Tempurpedic pillow, here are some of the easiest ways you should know about.
If you just want a quick solution, then check out the Woolite Advanced Stain & Odor Remover. It is the cleaner we use in our home and can’t be any happier with the performance. You can check out our full impressions with the product further down in the article. Before that here are a few methods that won’t require you to spend money, but will definitely help you out!
Table of Contents
- 1 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using cornstarch and baking soda
- 2 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using soap and water
- 3 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar
- 4 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
- 5 How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using a fabric cleaner
- 6 Can you wash a Tempurpedic pillow?
- 7 Can I put my Tempurpedic pillow in the dryer?
- 8 Best cleaners for Tempurpedic pillows
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using cornstarch and baking soda
Corn starch and baking soda both help to absorb any kind of moisture as well as odors from your Tempurpedic pillow. Here is how you can use it:
- Take a large bowl and pour in a mixture of corn starch and baking soda in an equal ratio.
- Mix it up well, and then sprinkle the powder generously over your entire Tempurpedic pillow.
- Allow it to sit undisturbed for an hour while it absorbs all of the moisture and odors from your pillow.
- Finally, use your vacuum cleaner over the Tempurpedic pillow about 3 to 4 times, till you absorb all of the residual corn starch and baking soda mixture from your pillow. The dry cleaning method of cleaning your Tempurpedic pillow is handy as it does not damage the texture of your pillow, but at the same time gets rid of all the odors from the pillow as well.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using soap and water
Your Tempurpedic pillows come with a removable cover which you can easily wash in the washing machine, or even hand wash. When you are hand washing your pillow, make sure you are gentle with it, and you do not use any harsh chemicals or abrasives. Here is how you can do it:
- Remove the cover from your Tempurpedic pillow. You can either wash it in the washing machine in the cold setting with a very mild detergent, or you can even hand wash the Tempurpedic pillow cover using a mild detergent in the sink or in your bathtub.
- Once you finish cleaning the pillow cover, you can put it into your dryer on the cool setting, or simply place it on the clothesline for drying naturally.
- As for your Tempurpedic pillow, you can always use a spot cleaning treatment to remove any spills, marks, stains, or spots from the pillow.
- Take a small bowl and add some water (regular, room temperature water or cold water) and a few squirts of a mild hand washing detergent into it. Mix this well.
- Use this solution for spot cleaning treatment of your Tempurpedic pillow using a sponge or a damp cloth.
- Dip a cloth of a sponge into the soap and water solution and squeeze out this solution on the spots or stains of your pillow. Using the sponge or the cloth, use gentle, circular motions to remove any stains from your pillow.
- Using another dry cloth, blot up the stains and the excess liquid from your pillow so that there is no moisture or stains are remaining on your pillow anymore.
- Keep your Tempurpedic pillow outside in the sunlight to dry it, and also to kill any dust mites while you ventilate your pillows and remove odors along with it.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar
Vinegar is a brilliant solution that you can use to remove stains, odors, and even kill bacteria and dust mites from your Tempurpedic pillow. Here is how you can use it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with equal parts of white distilled vinegar and water. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Fill up a spray bottle with this vinegar and water solution.
- Spray the solution directly on your Tempurpedic pillow and allow it to soak for just a few minutes. You can remove any odor, stain, and bacteria from your Tempurpedic pillow using this solution.
- After a few minutes, take a clean, dry, white towel and use it to blot away the vinegar-water solution from your pillow till the pillow feels completely dry.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
In case of stubborn marks, stains or spills, you can use a solution of vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to clean your pillow. Here is how you can do it:
- In a small bowl, add one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide along with one teaspoon of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix this well to create a fizzy solution.
- Using a sponge or a clean cloth, apply this solution directly on to the areas which require spot cleaning on your Tempurpedic pillows.
- In case of very stubborn or persistent stains, you will have to allow the solution to soak overnight.
- The next day, take a sponge or a clean cloth and blot the stained area on your pillow using cold water only. Slowly, the stain should remove, and you will be left with a clean pillow.
- Allow your Tempurpedic pillow to air dry in the sunlight, which will remove all odors and kill any dust mites and bacteria on your pillow.
How to clean Tempurpedic pillow using a fabric cleaner
You can also use this excellent method to clean your Tempurpedic pillows and get rid of stains, dust, odors, and bacteria from your pillows. Here is how you can do it:
- The first thing you have to do is vacuum your Tempurpedic pillow. Lay it on a flat surface and run your vacuum cleaner about 3 to 4 times over your pillow.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it up with water and fabric cleaner. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Spray this solution directly on your Tempurpedic pillow.
- Allow the solution to soak undisturbed for about 30 minutes, after which you can blot the solution using a clean towel.
- Finally, allow your Tempurpedic pillow to air dry naturally in the sunlight.
Can you wash a Tempurpedic pillow?
If you really need to, then yes, you can wash your Tempurpedic pillow. While you can always use a washing machine to do this job, it is better to wash your pillow by hand. Use a good cleaner or shampoo for this, which will kills the germs and bacteria, remove stains and odors, and deep clean your pillow.
Use warm water with the cleaning solution and dry your Tempurpedic pillow thoroughly before you use it again. Washing your Tempurpedic pillow once in a while is a good and hygienic practice to keep your pillow clean for regular use.
Can I put my Tempurpedic pillow in the dryer?
If you must dry your Tempurpedic pillow in the dryer, then make sure you use a no heat and tumble dry option for this. Using heat to dry your Tempurpedic pillow can damage the structure of it, so it is not a good idea.
However, you can always naturally air dry your Tempurpedic pillow in the sun as well. It will dry your pillow as well as kill germs and bacteria, thanks to the natural rays of the sun. As for using your dryer, make sure that you always use the no-heat option, and it will be safe enough!
Best cleaners for Tempurpedic pillows
Although the tips we talked above will do a great job for you, sometimes you need to pull out another trick from your sleaves. Today there is a handful of great cleaners you can use to remove stains from your Tempurpedic pillows. Here is what we prefer to use:
Woolite Advanced Stain and Odor Remover
The Woolite Advanced Stain & Odor Remover is a fantastic cleaner and sanitizer when we talk about removing stains, dirt, and bacteria from your pillows. It kills 99.9 percent of the germs within the first use. It works on all kinds of pillows, mattresses, carpets, upholstery, which makes it a great all-round cleaner. On top of all, it doesn’t leave a bad chemical smell after you are done using it!Check the price on Amazon
You need to really deep clean your Tempurpedic pillow for hygienic purposes. Woolite Advanced Stain and Odor Remover is an excellent choice because it really goes deep into the fibers of your Tempurpedic pillow, cleaning it thoroughly.
These pillows can often have dust or even bacteria living in them, making them dangerous to use regularly. Woolite helps you kill 99.9% of these bacteria, giving you clean and fresh pillows for all your needs.
Your Tempurpedic pillows can also start to smell musty, which can be a pain to sleep on every night. Woolite Advanced Stain and Odor Remover not only kills germs and bacteria but also removes all kinds of odors from your pillow.
The best part of Woolite is just how easy it is to use- spray the cleaner on your pillow, and let it dry! In case of more stubborn stains, you can target the area with this cleaner and a damp sponge to altogether remove all traces of stain and odor!
Why We Like It:
- Very gentle and works well on soft fibers
- Removes all traces of odor and stains
- Easy to use- spray and let it dry
- Kills 99.9% bacteria and germs
What We Don’t Like:
- In case of more stubborn stains or odors, merely spraying the cleaner is not good enough to remove it
The fix: You can spray the cleaner, let it soak for a few minutes, and then scrub it with a damp sponge. Allow it to completely dry in natural sunlight to remove the stains and odors.
Why You Should Get It:
An easy to use spray cleaner which removes stains and odors from Tempurpedic pillow- Woolite Advanced Stain and Odor Remover! Gentle on the skin and clothes yet so powerful on germs. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Live Luv Lavish Deodorizer and Disinfectant
This is another product that works great in removing dirt stains and smell from Tempurpedic pillows. It comes with a great scent and can remove even the toughest stains. The product is all-natural, which makes it safe for you and your family. Works on all kinds of pillows, mattresses, and fabric while being able to remove allergens as well! If you are looking for a natural cleaner – definitely check it out!Check the price on Amazon
When it comes to completely and naturally eliminating smells and stains from your Tempurpedic pillow, you need to get to the root cause of the problem. Live Luv Lavish Deodorizer and Disinfectant is an all-natural, completely organic product that kills the bacteria from the root.
The process helps to not only disinfect your Tempurpedic pillow but also remove musty smells, stains, and other odors.
Live Luv Lavish Deodorizer and Disinfectant has organic essential oils along with witch hazel in its formula. With no bleach, no harsh chemicals, and no alcohol, this cleaner works to naturally remove smells instead of just masking the odor with perfumes.
The easy to use spray bottle solution lets you directly spray the cleaner on your Tempurpedic pillow. Let it sit for a few hours, and you will see the odors and stains disappear naturally.
The presence of essential oils spreads a pleasant fragrance through the pillow, making it more relaxing and soothing to sleep on.
Due to the high concentration of the formula, you can use just a little bit and get hundreds of uses only with one bottle!
Why We Like It:
- Easy to use spray bottle solution
- Completely organic and natural
- Contains organic essential oils and witch hazel to remove odors and add a pleasant fragrance
- Lasts for hundreds of uses per bottle
What We Don’t Like:
- The scent of the product can be strong, and not everyone might like the smell
The fix: The essential oil works to kill the bacteria, germs, and dust mites and also contribute some fragrance. You can air-dry your Tempurpedic pillow in the sun, and the smell will automatically dissipate if you don’t like it.
Why You Should Get It:
Live Luv Lavish is an excellent deodorizing product for your Tempurpedic pillow. All-natural ingredients make this spray solution safe for your pillow, your skin, and even the environment! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Cleanly Mattress Cleaner Spray
The Mattress Cleaner Spray from Cleanly is another excellent all-natural cleaner that you can use to remove dirt, stains, and bacteria from your Tempurpedic pillows. It is a multipurpose cleaning solution, which you can use on all kinds of pillows or mattresses. The cleaner doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals, and it is an excellent alternative to have. It contains Eucalyptus and Lavender Essential Oils.Check the price on Amazon
When it comes to cleaning your Tempurpedic pillow, it is always a good idea to stick to natural solutions rather than chemicals. Cleanly Mattress Cleaner Spray is an excellent cleaner for your Tempurpedic pillow as it uses only natural ingredients for this job.
The Eucalyptus and Lavender essential oil in this product has many wonderful benefits. These oils are very relaxing and help to soothe and calm you as you smell them. These oils also work great in cleaning your mattress as well as protecting them.
The easy to use spray bottle formula of Cleanly Mattress Cleaner Spray allows you to spray this solution on your Tempurpedic pillow directly. Then, all you need to do is let the formula soak and do its job. The spray kills all the bacteria and germs from your pillow. Even more- the spray solution also makes your pillow smell amazing.
Cleanly Mattress Cleaner Spray is entirely organic and vegan, making it safe for you as well as the environment.
Why We Like It:
- Completely organic and vegan solution
- It cleans, disinfects and deodorizes your Tempurpedic pillow
- Contains no harsh chemical ingredients
- Spray directly on your pillow- no scrubbing and no rinsing
What We Don’t Like:
- The smell of the oils might be strong if you overuse the spray on your pillow
The fix: You can ventilate your room where you keep the pillow or hang your pillow to naturally air dry to reduce the smell of the essential oils.
Why You Should Get It:
As for all-natural solutions to cleaning your Tempurpedic pillow – Cleanly Mattress Cleaner Spray is an excellent product on the market. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.