When you have a kid in your home, there will be many accidents left behind. Of course, you don’t need to start wrapping up your children in dozens of diapers to prevent this! Here are some of the best ways for those looking for solutions on how to clean human urine from hardwood floors.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to get rid of human urine from hardwood floors using bicarbonate of soda and vinegar
- 2 How to remove human urine from your floors using vinegar and water
- 3 How to clean human urine using hydrogen peroxide
- 4 How to get rid of human urine from hardwood using baking soda, vinegar, and essential oil
- 5 How to get rid of human urine using soap, vinegar, and water
How to get rid of human urine from hardwood floors using bicarbonate of soda and vinegar
Here is the first method that you can use to get rid of human urine stains and odors from your hardwood floors. Here is how you can do it:
- Take some paper towels and immediately blot up as much urine as you can, keep using more paper towels if necessary.
- Now, take the bicarbonate of soda and sprinkle it directly over the urine stains.
- Take some white vinegar and slowly drizzle it over the same area. You will see that the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar are beginning to react, causing them to foam.
- Now, take a scrubbing brush and begin to scrub the area thoroughly, of course, be careful that you don’t leave scratch marks behind on the floors.
- Once you finish doing this, take a damp cloth and wipe away the residue from your floors.
- Finally, run a vacuum cleaner over the area to pick up any residue from the hardwood floors. Make sure that the floor does not remain damp; dry it off completely so that you don’t damage the wood.
How to remove human urine from your floors using vinegar and water
Vinegar and water can be a great solution to get rid of human urine from your hardwood floors, of course, you need to be very careful when you use vinegar. Start off with as little as possible, to ensure that you don’t damage your hardwood floors. Here is how you can do it:
- In a large bucket, mix in about 2 gallons of water and 1/4th cup of white, distilled vinegar. Mix this solution well to create your cleaning formula.
- Now, you can either pour this solution into a spray bottle, or you can take a clean cloth and dip it into the solution to use for your cleaning.
- Spray the vinegar and water solution directly on your hardwood floors, or wipe down the urine-stained area with a cloth dipped in this solution.
- Fill up another bucket with regular, clean water and take another soft, dry towel or cloth.
- Dip the cloth into the plain water and wring out the excess water. Without further delay, wipe away the vinegar and water solution from your hardwood floors using the clean cloth. In case the smell of urine is still active, you can sprinkle some baking soda directly on top of the urine-stained area and allow it to deodorize the area on your hardwood floor.
- Finally, wipe away the baking soda after a couple of hours.
- Vacuum up the area to pick up the rest of the baking soda residue from your floors.
How to clean human urine using hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can work like magic to both clean and remove the smell of urine from your hardwood floors, making them look like new once again. Here is how you can do it:
- Take paper towels or newspaper and lay them over the urine on your hardwood floors. Allow the paper to soak up all of the urine until none remains. You can use more paper if you need to.
- In a spray bottle, add 3% hydrogen peroxide and some water and mix the solution well.
- Spray this directly over the urine stains on your hardwood floors. The hydrogen peroxide works to remove the urine stains from not only your hardwood floors but also the odor, effectively.
- Allow the solution to soak for just a few minutes.
- Take a microfiber cloth and gently wipe off the excess solution from your hardwood floors. Allow it to dry completely. Finally, you can use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the area.
How to get rid of human urine from hardwood using baking soda, vinegar, and essential oil
Getting rid of human urine stains from your hardwood floors may not be that tough. However, the lingering smell is another story. Here is a method to get rid of the stains as well as the smells from your hardwood floors effectively:
- In a large bowl, mix in one teaspoon of baking soda, white distilled vinegar, and a few drops of essential oil. You can use tea tree oil for this purpose, as this essential oil has a strong smell and is also antifungal and antibacterial.
- Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly in the bowl and add them into a spray bottle.
- Blot up the urine from your hardwood floors using paper towels first, and then spray this solution directly over your floors.
- Allow the solution to dry completely. Once the solution is dehydrated, you will notice some residue left behind on the floors, which is the residue of baking soda.
- Using a broom, sweep up most of the baking soda remnants from your floors, and then finally vacuum the rest of it up thoroughly. In case the smell of urine still persists, simply repeat the entire process once again!
How to get rid of human urine using soap, vinegar, and water
Finally, you can use this very last method to help you get rid of human urine from your hardwood floors. Here is how you can do it:
- In a large bucket, mix warm water, 1/4th cup of white distilled vinegar and a few drops of liquid soap.
- Mix this solution well.
- Dip a clean cloth into the solution and wipe the entire urine-stained area on your hardwood floor.
- Immediately, wipe the area once again using another damp cloth. If you want, you can also add 3-4 drops of essential oil into the plain water with which you are wiping down the floor.
- Allow the floor to dry completely.