Whether you are new to the world of dabbing or you are just an old regular, if you have a quartz banger or even a regular thermal one, you know they tend to get quite messy and brown after a few uses. A quartz banger is more durable than the other ones, so there are a lot of options when it comes to cleaning them. If you need some tips on how to clean quartz banger, then here are a few easy ones that you can use.
Table of Contents
How to clean a quartz banger using isopropyl alcohol
One of the most popular and most straightforward methods that you can use to clean your quartz banger is to use 91% isopropyl alcohol to do the magic. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a large container or a large plastic bag. Fill it up with some isopropyl alcohol, and simply place your quartz banger into this.
- Now, allow it to soak undisturbed. You can keep it this way for a minimum of 30 minutes, however, if the gunk and stains are incredibly stubborn, you can even keep it soaked for a few hours. If you wish to, you can also add some Kosher salt into the bag or the container, as this will add some extra abrasiveness to help you clean off the gunk more easily.
- Now, take the container or your plastic bag and give it a good shake with the quartz banger still inside it. The gunk will loosen up, and it will be easier for you to clean it off.
- Rinse off your quartz banger under warm running water.
- Now, use a blunt tool to gently remove or scrape off any gunk and stubborn stains on your banger.
- If there is any persistent residue remaining, use a torch to heat it up. It will loosen up the gunk and make it easier for you to wipe it away with a cotton swab directly.
- Now, gently wipe your quartz banger with cotton swabs and 99% isopropyl alcohol, and it should be spotless!
How to clean a quartz banger using a Q-tip
Regular cleaning of your quartz banger is essential, and the best way to do this is to use the Q-tip technique. Here is how you can do it:
- Allow your quartz banger to cool down slightly, as you cannot clean it right after you use it. However, it is best that you don’t allow it to cool down completely, as it is often easier to remove the gunk and stains while it is slightly hot.
- Take a Q-tip and dip it in some isopropyl alcohol.
- Now, using the Q-tip, simply use a twisting motion to clean your quartz banger thoroughly. If you find that there are some very stubborn stains or marks, you can use a butane torch to heat up the quartz banger, which will heat up and loosen some of this gunk and make it easier for you to remove it.
- Take a new Q-tip as and when you require it and clean your quartz banger with this straightforward method!
How to clean a quartz banger using alcohol wipes
You can find alcohol wipes easily at any drug store. These alcohol wipes contain 70% isopropyl alcohol, which works excellent to help you clean your quartz banger. Here is how you can do it:
- Allow your quartz banger to cool down to room temperature before you start to clean it.
- Take one alcohol wipe and begin cleaning the glass paraphernalia.
- You should take apart the quartz banger so that you can clean each and every part of it properly.
- Remember to change the alcohol wipe and choose a new one when you need to.
- Wrap the alcohol wipe around a pencil and tie it with a rubber band so that you can create a long, thin cleaning tool. Now, you can use this cleaning tool for getting into all those corners and edges of your quartz banger.
- Wipe both the outside as well as the inside of your quartz banger thoroughly with your alcohol wipes for a good cleaning.
How to clean a quartz banger using ice water and a torch
Here is another excellent method that you can use for cleaning your quartz banger of months of stuck up and stubborn gunk and stains. You should be very careful when attempting this method and make sure that you are wearing the proper protective gear. Here is how you can do it:
- The first thing you need to do is make sure you are wearing oven mitts and proper protective eye gear for this cleaning method.
- After you wear your oven mitts, take a large plier or some large tweezers, and hold the base of your quartz banger.
- Take your torch and light up the bucket portion of your quart banger right up till it is entirely red hot. Be very careful when you do this.
- Keep a large bowl or bucket of ice ready beside you. Once the quartz banger is completely red hot, dunk it immediately into your ice water bucket. As the red hot quartz reacts with the ice water, you will hear a hissing and popping sound. Make sure you are wearing your protective gear, and continue holding the quartz banger under the ice water.
- Now, take your alcohol wipes, or your cotton swabs dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol and began cleaning your quartz banger. You should be able to remove all of the built-up gunk easily.
How to clean a quartz banger with warm water
Often, all you need is just some warm water to clean your quartz banger! Here is how you can do it:
- Run your quartz banger under some warm water and take an old, soft toothbrush to scrub the banger properly. In case you can see some stubborn gunk, take the banger piece and hold it over a high flame till the steam loosens up the gunk.
- Now, you can easily wipe it off or use your toothbrush to scrub off the gunk from your banger.
- Take a Q-tip or some cotton swabs and wipe off your entire quartz banger to clean it thoroughly.