Vans are a trendy brand of shoes amongst teens as well as adults. They are comfortable and look very stylish if you pair them nicely. White slip on vans look quite classy and are a favorite amongst young adults, however, cleaning them and keeping them looking white can be an issue if you don’t know the right methods to do so. Here are some easy and exciting solutions if you are looking for how to clean white slip on vans.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to clean your white slip on vans with lemon juice
- 2 How to clean your white slip on vans with baking soda
- 3 How to clean your white slip on vans in the washing machine
- 4 How to clean your white slip on vans using a laundry detergent
- 5 How to clean your white slip on vans using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
How to clean your white slip on vans with lemon juice
Lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent and is not too harsh or abrasive. You can use this to clean your white slip on vans easily. Here is how you can do it:
- Wipe your shoes using a soft cloth to remove any dust or dirt which are on the surface.
- Place some newspapers, paper towels or cloth under your vans when you are cleaning your vans so that you don’t make a mess.
- Take a whole lemon and cut it in half. Now, using one half of the lemon, rub the inner part of it directly on to the surface of your white vans, till it is wet.
- Once you have done this, allow your vans to sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes, till the lemon starts to work on it.
- Take your vans to the sink or bathtub and rinse them off thoroughly to remove all of the stains as well as the lemon juice, and allow your vans to dry completely. You can set them outside to dry naturally in the sun.
How to clean your white slip on vans with baking soda
Baking soda is a great agent to help remove any stains or fading from your white vans and make them look new again. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl of lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of baking soda to it. Mix this well to create a paste-like consistency. You can add more baking soda or more water according to your requirements to create the right texture.
- Place a couple of paper towels or newspapers under the vans before you begin the process.
- Take an old toothbrush and dip it into the baking soda solution. Using the baking soda, scrub the white vans using small, circular motions all over the surface of the entire shoe.
- Allow the baking soda solution to dry for about half an hour.
- Now, rinse your vans under normal running water till you completely clean off all the baking soda solution from it.
- Finally, allow your vans to air dry completely.
How to clean your white slip on vans in the washing machine
Another great way to clean your vans is to place them in the washing machine. To prevent any damage to your vans, make sure that you put other items like rugs and towels along with the vans so that your vans are not bouncing around the washing machine too much. Here is how you can do it:
- Place your white vans in a pillowcase and secure the top with a rubber band.
- Add some white rugs and towels along with the vans into the washing machine, but ensure that you don’t add any other colored cloth and just whites.
- Run your washing machine at the gentlest spin cycle and use only cold water; this will protect both your washing machine as well as your vans while cleaning.
- Use a very mild detergent for cleaning your vans, and use only half the amount of detergent that you would typically use for any other wash cycle.
- If you want, you can also add a small amount of vinegar to the wash cycle. However, this is not a necessary step.
- Run your washing machine for a short spin cycle and remove your vans from the pillowcase once you complete the cycle.
- Allow your vans to air dry completely, but do not place them in the dryer as
How to clean your white slip on vans using a laundry detergent
An alternative to cleaning your white vans effectively yet in a simple way is to use laundry detergent to clean them. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and pour 2 cups of warm water into it. Now, add just ¼th of a cup of laundry detergent into this and mix it well to create a soapy solution.
- Lay your white vans over some newspapers or old towels and begin the process of cleaning.
- Take an old toothbrush or a scrub brush and dip it into the soapy water solution.
- Using this solution, scrub your white vans thoroughly to clean them and remove all dirt, dust, and marks from the shoes.
- Keep cleaning out the toothbrush by dipping it into a clean bowl of water.
- Dip the brush again into the soapy water solution and continue the process till you are happy.
- Take a clean white towel and dampen it in some freshwater. Use this damp towel to wipe down your white vans and remove all the soapy solution. In case you notice any marks remaining on your shoes, repeat the process once again to clean them and remove the marks.
- Finally, allow your white vans to air dry entirely naturally.
How to clean your white slip on vans using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
If all other methods fail, you can use this time tested way to clean your white vans. Here is how you can do it:
- In a small bowl, add some water, hydrogen peroxide and a small amount of baking soda.
- Mix all of these ingredients to create a paste-like solution.
- Take an old toothbrush and apply this paste on your white vans directly.
- Take your shoes and place them outside in the sun to dry completely.
- Once your shoes are dry, take your toothbrush and gently scrub your vans with the remaining baking soda.
- Finally, wipe down your vans using a damp, clean cloth and allow them to dry naturally.