Vans are a trendy brand of shoes amongst teens as well as adults. They are comfortable and look very stylish if you pair them nicely. White slip on vans look quite classy and are a favorite amongst young adults, however, cleaning them and keeping them looking white can be an issue if you don’t know the right methods to do so. Here are some easy and exciting solutions if you are looking for how to clean white slip on vans.
If you want the easiest way, check out the Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner. It is an amazing cleaner which will make your white vans truly white in no time. You can read more on our impressions further down in this article.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to clean your white slip on vans with lemon juice
- 2 Best cleaners for your vans
- 3 How to clean your white slip on vans with baking soda
- 4 How to clean your white slip on vans in the washing machine
- 5 How to clean your white slip on vans using a laundry detergent
- 6 How to clean your white slip on vans using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
- 7 How to clean white vans with vinegar
How to clean your white slip on vans with lemon juice
Lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent and is not too harsh or abrasive. You can use this to clean your white slip on vans easily. Here is how you can do it:
- Wipe your shoes using a soft cloth to remove any dust or dirt which is on the surface.
- Place some newspapers, paper towels or cloth under your vans when you are cleaning your vans so that you don’t make a mess.
- Take a whole lemon and cut it in half. Now, using one half of the lemon, rub the inner part of it directly on to the surface of your white vans, till it is wet.
- Once you have done this, allow your vans to sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes, till the lemon starts to work on it.
- Take your vans to the sink or bathtub and rinse them off thoroughly to remove all of the stains as well as the lemon juice, and allow your vans to dry completely. You can set them outside to dry naturally in the sun.
Best cleaners for your vans
Although the homemade tips will work just fine, sometimes it is best to go for a product whose sole purpose is to make your white vans shine. With so many products available it can be a bit tricky to choose the perfect one. Lucky for you we took our time and tested a few of the most popular ones. Here are our picks:
Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner
The Jason Markk Shoe Cleaning Kit is by far the best one you can get to make your vans shine like the day you bought them. The kit contains a cleaning solution and a brush. This is a fantastic cleaner that removes all kinds of dirt, dust, and stains without containing any harsh chemicals. It is safe fo all colors and materials. With one kit, you can clean up to 100 pairs of shoes and sneakers.Check the price on Amazon
If you are worried about damaging your white slip on vans while cleaning, then worry no more! Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner is a great formula that you can use on your white vans.
While this cleaning formula works great to altogether remove all marks and stains from white vans, it will not damage them at all. You can keep the color and texture of your white vans utterly intact with the help of Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner.
A great advantage is the cleaning brush that you get along with the formula. You can use this brush for really cleaning and scrubbing out the dirt, grime, and stains from your white slip on vans. Just dip the brush in warm water to soften the bristles and use the formula directly on it. Scrub the top as well as the underside of your vans and make them look as white as the first time!
Use the formula regularly for keeping your white vans looking clean and white all year long.
Why We Like It:
- Mild cleaner which does not damage the white color or texture of vans
- Extra brush for scrubbing and cleaning
- Requires minimal scrubbing for optimal results
- Light perfume formula
What We Don’t Like:
- The cleaning brush is a bit hard and may not always be the best tool to use for cleaning
The fix: You can either try and soften the brush by dipping it in warm water, or you can use a different brush, such as an old toothbrush for cleaning.
Why You Should Get It:
If you are looking for a quick and easy solution to cleaning your white slip on vans, then Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner is a good option. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner
If you are looking for a natural cleaning solution, then you need to check out the Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner. This is an entirely safe formula containing only natural ingredients such as saddle soap and natural oils. The formula is highly concentrated, so you only need a few drops to make your white vans – white again. The cleaner is made in the USA and has been around since 1985.Check the price on Amazon
A little bit goes a long way with Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner. The fantastic formula contains natural ingredients like saddle soaps, conditioners, and gentle oils. These work together to gently clean your white slip on vans without ever causing them any damage.
You need to use just a tiny bit of Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner. Squirt out a little dime size portion of the cleaner, add it to a damp brush and brush away! Any kind of dirt, dust, and grime is easy to remove with the help of this handy cleaner.
Since the formula is non-toxic, you don’t have to worry about how often you should use the product. You can use Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner without fear regularly on your white slip on vans without any issue!
Finally, you can clean your white slip on vans without worrying about discoloration or damage! Use Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner with a sponge or a damp brush and brush away all traces of dirt and stains from your white vans forever.
Why We Like It:
- You need minimal solution for it to work
- Use it for regular cleaning or deep cleaning of white vans
- Non-toxic formula- safe to use
- Fast working solution
What We Don’t Like:
- If you don’t wipe the formula off properly with water, you might find a light filmy residue on your vans
The fix: Use a wet towel to gently rinse your white vans properly to remove the filmy residue completely
Why You Should Get It:
Clean with the power of pink. Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner is a great, light pink color formula that cleans your white vans and makes them white and bright. A non-toxic formula- safe to use regularly! Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
TriNova Shoe Cleaner
The TriNova Shoe Cleaner Kit is another excellent option you can get. This is a multifunctional cleaner that you can use on fabric, cloth, leather, and vinyl. If your vans shoes have different textures and materials, this is the perfect product for you. The cleaning kit consists of a cleaning solution and a soft brush, which is excellent for removing dirt and grime. The cleaner is completely safe.Check the price on Amazon
If you are looking for a natural cleaner and deodorizer for your white slip on vans, then look no further! TriNova Shoe Cleaner is an excellent cleaning formula for you. The formula is very safe to use regularly on your vans without causing any damage or discoloration.
TriNova Shoe Cleaner works for over 100 cleanings with just a small bottle. Along with the brush that comes along with it, you can efficiently clean your white slip on vans, removing all traces of dirt, grime, and stains.
TriNova also has a natural deodorizer that works amazingly to remove all odors from your shoe. You can make all your vans look as good as new with just a little quantity of this excellent shoe cleaner.
After just about 10 minutes of scrubbing with the brush, you can remove even the toughest of marks and stains from white vans. In fact, you can also use this cleaner for gentle, regular cleaning. The best part is- the cleaner does not have any harsh smells or perfumes!
Why We Like It:
- Cleaner and natural deodorizes
- A small quantity works a long way
- Suitable for gentle cleaning as well as deep scrubbing
- Does not have a harsh chemical smell
What We Don’t Like:
- Takes longer to work in case of tough stains or odors
The fix: You can use the cleaner, wipe it off with a wet towel, and redo the process to really deep clean your vans. Use the cleaning brush for the best results.
Why You Should Get It:
If you are looking for a natural deodorizer along with a good cleaner, then TriNova Shoe Cleaner is an excellent product for you. Use the cleaning brush for a deep cleaning and deodorizing effect. Click here to check other customer reviews on Amazon.
How to clean your white slip on vans with baking soda
Baking soda is a great agent to help remove any stains or fading from your white vans and make them look new again. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl of lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of baking soda to it. Mix this well to create a paste-like consistency. You can add more baking soda or more water according to your requirements to create the right texture.
- Place a couple of paper towels or newspapers under the vans before you begin the process.
- Take an old toothbrush and dip it into the baking soda solution. Using the baking soda, scrub the white vans using small, circular motions all over the surface of the entire shoe.
- Allow the baking soda solution to dry for about half an hour.
- Now, rinse your vans under normal running water till you completely clean off all the baking soda solution from it.
- Finally, allow your vans to air dry completely.
How to clean your white slip on vans in the washing machine
Another great way to clean your vans is to place them in the washing machine. To prevent any damage to your vans, make sure that you put other items like rugs and towels along with the vans so that your vans are not bouncing around the washing machine too much. Here is how you can do it:
- Place your white vans in a pillowcase and secure the top with a rubber band.
- Add some white rugs and towels along with the vans into the washing machine, but ensure that you don’t add any other colored cloth and just whites.
- Run your washing machine at the gentlest spin cycle and use only cold water; this will protect both your washing machine as well as your vans while cleaning.
- Use a very mild detergent for cleaning your vans, and use only half the amount of detergent that you would typically use for any other wash cycle.
- If you want, you can also add a small amount of vinegar to the wash cycle. However, this is not a necessary step.
- Run your washing machine for a short spin cycle and remove your vans from the pillowcase once you complete the cycle.
- Allow your vans to air dry completely, but do not place them in the dryer as
How to clean your white slip on vans using a laundry detergent
An alternative to cleaning your white vans effectively yet in a simple way is to use laundry detergent to clean them. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and pour 2 cups of warm water into it. Now, add just ¼th of a cup of laundry detergent into this and mix it well to create a soapy solution.
- Lay your white vans over some newspapers or old towels and begin the process of cleaning.
- Take an old toothbrush or a scrub brush and dip it into the soapy water solution.
- Using this solution, scrub your white vans thoroughly to clean them and remove all dirt, dust, and marks from the shoes.
- Keep cleaning out the toothbrush by dipping it into a clean bowl of water.
- Dip the brush again into the soapy water solution and continue the process till you are happy.
- Take a clean white towel and dampen it in some fresh water. Use this damp towel to wipe down your white vans and remove all the soapy solution. In case you notice any marks remaining on your shoes, repeat the process once again to clean them and remove the marks.
- Finally, allow your white vans to air dry entirely naturally.
How to clean your white slip on vans using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
If all other methods fail, you can use this time tested way to clean your white vans. Here is how you can do it:
- In a small bowl, add some water, hydrogen peroxide and a small amount of baking soda.
- Mix all of these ingredients to create a paste-like solution.
- Take an old toothbrush and apply this paste on your white vans directly.
- Take your shoes and place them outside in the sun to dry completely.
- Once your shoes are dry, take your toothbrush and gently scrub your vans with the remaining baking soda.
- Finally, wipe down your vans using a damp, clean cloth and allow them to dry naturally.
How to clean white vans with vinegar
When it comes to cleaning your white vans, using vinegar is a great natural option. Take equal amounts of white distilled vinegar and mix it with warm water. Then, dip a scrubbing brush into the formula and use it to clean your white vans. Take a damp cloth or a towel and wipe your white vans thoroughly to remove all the vinegar solution from the shoes.
Let the shoes air-dry entirely in natural light to kill all bacteria, deodorize the vans, and also restore their beautiful white color once again. The vinegar helps you to naturally remove all odors and stains without causing any damage to the texture of your vans.