You need to iron your shirt for a big meeting, or maybe you have a special date, and you realize that your iron just stopped working! Well, turning up in a wrinkled shirt just isn’t an option. So you are wondering how to iron a shirt without an iron? In this post you will find some great tricks as well as learn about a magic spray called Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus you can get from Amazon now! After reading this post you will forget what an iron was.
How to iron a shirt using a hair straightener
Who knew that your wife or girlfriend’s hair straightener could come to some good use for you? With so many adjustable temperature settings, a hair straightener can be the perfect solution for ironing a wrinkled shirt when you don’t have an actual iron with you.
However, keep in mind that this method can take a bit of time, as the iron is quite small compared to the large fabric of the shirt. With a little bit of patience and the right temperature setting, you can easily iron your shirt and be wrinkle free without an actual iron! Start with a lower temperature setting and see what works best. Be careful to avoid burning marks.
How to iron a shirt in a dryer
The main objective behind ironing your shirt is to get rid of wrinkles and make your shirt look new and fresh. Well there is a machine in your home that may do a similar job. You can use your dryer to achieve the same results.
- Place your wrinkled shirt in your dryer, and place a couple of ice cubes along with it inside your dryer.
- Turn on the dryer at a medium heat.
- As the ice cube melts in the dryer, it will release steams which will unwrinkle your shirt effectively.
- Immediately after the dry cycle, hang your clothes up straight so that new wrinkles do not start to form.
How to iron a shirt in your shower by just using steam
This is one of the most popular and easy methods that you can use to unwrinkle your shirt while you do not have an iron with you.
- Start your shower and turn on the ‘hot water’ setting.
- Close all the doors and windows so that none of the steam can escape.
- Hang your wrinkled shirt from the shower rod in your bathroom.
- Let the hot water and steam take effect for about 15 minutes so that it effectively removes all the wrinkles. Ensure that you do not get any of the shower water on your shirt; do this by turning your shower head away from where you have hung your shirt.
- You could use this method while you are actually taking a shower so that you don’t end up wasting any water. However, make sure that you do not get your shirt wet, and keep all the windows and doors of the bathroom shut so that the steam does not get away.
How to iron a shirt using a heated pan
This is an easy method you can use; however, you must be extra careful when using this method so as to not hurt yourself. You also need to work quite fast, as the heated pan could start to cool down, and could give out inconsistent heat in a circular shape. Also make sure that the pan and and stove are 100% clean. You don’t want to stain your shirt. However, this method is still very effective for a quick iron, and to avoid wearing a wrinkled shirt.
- Take a large pan and put it on your stove with some water in it.
- Allow this water to come to a boil.
- Very carefully, dump out the hot water so that your pan is free of any water.
- Wipe of the watter from the pan.
- Use the lower, outer surface of the pan as an iron to iron out any wrinkles from your shirt. You could even wear a glove while doing this to ensure that you do not get burnt from the hot pan.
How to iron a shirt using a blow dryer
- Spray a mist of water on your wrinkled shirt before you begin.
- Put on your hair dryer to the lowest setting, and keep it about 2 inches away from the shirt, as you do not want to risk burning the shirt or damaging it.
- You can even use a narrow nozzle on the hair dryer to really focus the hot air in one place.
- You can either lay out your shirt flat on a surface or hang it up for this method.
- Hold the dryer one or two inches away from your shirt and start the blower. You will find the wrinkles slowly disappearing.
How to iron a shirt using a tea kettle
The same principle of using steam to smoothen out wrinkles applies here too. The best part about this is that you can probably make yourself a well deserved cup of tea after using this method!
- Boil some water in a tea kettle, as you would normally do to make some tea.
- Once the water has boiled, hold up your tea kettle about 12 inches away from the shirt, as you do not want to use too much heat and damage the shirt.
- The steam from the tea kettle will naturally smoothen out the wrinkles on your shirt. This method might take some time, but it is still effective in removing wrinkles from your shirt.
While the methods above can work brilliantly to iron a shirt without an actual iron, here is a product you can use to achieve the same results:
Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus
Downey’s Wrinkle Releaser Plus comes in an easy to use spray bottle which not only removes wrinkles without the need of an iron, but also gives a pleasant, refreshing scent to your clothes.
- A no-iron spray formula to remove wrinkles
- Quantity: 33.8 ounce fluid
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 4.2 x 11 inches
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
- No need for using an iron
- A convenient spray formula
- A pleasant, fresh scent and helps in deodorizing clothes
- Great for travel
Some tougher, stubborn wrinkles cannot be completely removed using just the spray. However, the solution to this is pretty simple; after spraying the formula, you should hang the clothes and tug on the wrinkled portion slightly. This will help eliminate the wrinkles.
An extremely convenient, travel sized solution to removing wrinkles from your shirts without the need of any heat or an iron! Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
We created House Cleaning Advice in order to help you all in your home cleaning chores. Here you can find tons of tips that can help you clean faster and easier.