Only having stunning, branded clothes is not enough to make a good impression. If your clothes give off an old, musty or dirty smell, you could really have a hard time socializing! Well, there are quite a few easy things that you could do to make your clothes smell better naturally. Here are some of the best tips on how to make clothes smell good!
Table of Contents
- 1 How to make your clothes smell good using vinegar and baking soda
- 2 How to make your clothes smell good using DIY dryer sheets
- 3 How to make your clothes smell good using scented crystals
- 4 How to make your clothes smell good using perfume sachets
- 5 How to make your clothes smell good using homemade air freshener
- 6 How to make your clothes smell good using baking soda and essential oil
- 7 How to make your clothes smell good using coffee grounds
How to make your clothes smell good using vinegar and baking soda
Both these ingredients work great in removing the musty smells from your clothes and helping your clothes smell so much better. Here is how you can do it:
- Add your clothes into the washing machine and add hot water only to fill it up.
- Add one cup of white, distilled vinegar to the wash and allow it to soak for just 10 minutes.
- Now, launder your clothes as usual and add 1 cup of baking soda to the solution as you do so.
- Finally, for the last rinse, add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your clothes before you dry them. The lavender essential oil will prevent the musty smell from reoccurring. Or instead of this, you can add your favorite laundry detergent on the final wash.
How to make your clothes smell good using DIY dryer sheets
After you finish washing your clothes, you can use these DIY dryer sheets to add a pleasant scent to your clothes with your favorite flavor of essential oil. Here is how you can do it:
- Take an old cotton shirt or a cotton sheet and cut out a small square piece from it to make your own dryer sheets
- Wet the piece of cloth and add just a few drops of any favorite essential oil to it. You can add lavender or eucalyptus oil as these essential oils have anti-fungal properties which will keep the musty smells away from your clothes and add a pleasant fragrance to them.
- After you finish washing your clothes, place the small piece of cotton sheet in your dryer and let it remain with your clothes for about 10 minutes while drying. You can reuse these sheets until the smell fades, and then simply add a new sheet once you are done!
How to make your clothes smell good using scented crystals
Another excellent method to make your clothes smell good is to make DIY scented crystals from scratch, which is quite easy to make and leaves a fresh, pleasant smell on your clothes! Here is how you can do it:
- Take 2 cups of coarse sea salt or even Epsom salt. Add about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil to this salt. If you want, you can create a mixture of two or three different essential oils.
- Mix this well to create your very own scented crystals.
- Every time you wash your clothes, add 2 tablespoons of these scented crystals to your clothes to add a beautiful, pleasant fragrance to them.
How to make your clothes smell good using perfume sachets
Here is a great tip that you can use to make your clothes smell good even after you wash and dry them. Use this method to make your clothes as well as your closet smell great. Here is how you can do it:
- You can use cotton balls, or small squares cut out from cotton cloths or handkerchiefs, or merely a tiny sachet for this method. Since applying perfume or essential oils directly on your clothes can be too overpowering, this method leaves behind a far more tolerable and pleasant fragrance on your clothes.
- Take a few cotton balls or cotton cloth pieces and spray your favorite strong perfume directly on them. You can also pour a few drops of essential oils on them, whichever you prefer. Alternatively, you can even fill up the sachet with dried flowers or potpourri.
- Place the sachet in your closet so that the smell slowly penetrates your clothes and leaves behind a soft, pleasant fragrance on all your clothes.
How to make your clothes smell good using homemade air freshener
Another alternative method that you can use to make your clothes smell good is to create your very own air freshener which you can spray on your clothes or in your closet. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add ½ a cup of water along with ½ a cup of distilled white vinegar into it. Now, add a few drops of any essential oil into the solution and mix it well to create your very own air freshener. The vinegar smell disappears after a few minutes, deodorizing your clothes and leaves behind only the pleasant scent of the essential oil on them.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle and shake it well before every use.
- Every few days, you can spray this air freshener in your closet as well as directly on your clothes to make them smell good. You can also hang your clothes in the sun to kill the bacteria and remove the smells naturally from them, after which you can spray the clothes with the natural air freshener.
How to make your clothes smell good using baking soda and essential oil
You can also use this great solution to remove the bad musty odors from your clothes and even add a mild, pleasant scent to them. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small container and add baking soda directly to it.
- Now, add just a few drops of any essential oil into the baking soda.
- Keep the container open and place it at the bottom of your closet or cupboard. It will remove the smells effectively as well as add the smell of essential oils to your clothes.
How to make your clothes smell good using coffee grounds
Finally, for all those coffee lovers, you can use this secure method to make your clothes smell great:
- Place fresh coffee grounds in a container and poke holes in the lid so that the smell can penetrate outside.
- Place the container in your cupboard and closet and let the coffee aroma take over your clothes!