Gold is a beautiful metal and an asset for their owners, however, this valuable metal requires care and maintenance. When it comes to polishing your gold rings, you don’t always have to go to a professional to take help, in fact, you can do it yourself at home! Here are a few easy ways on how to polish gold rings.
Table of Contents
How to polish your gold rings using baking soda and dish soap
Here are an easy cleaning and polishing method that you can use to polish your gold rings and bring back their shine. However, remember not to overuse the baking soda as it can be quite abrasive for a soft metal like gold. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with water. Add a few drops of a mild dishwashing liquid into it, and a small amount of baking soda. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Dip your gold rings into this cleaning solution gently and allow them to soak for just a few minutes.
- Now, take a soft, clean toothbrush and scrub your gold rings very gently using the cleaning solution. Make sure that you use very soft and gentle scrubbing motions, as gold is a very delicate metal and you don’t want to damage it while scrubbing.
- Using some warm water, rinse off the gold rings one by one so that you rinse away all the baking soda and soap from them.
- Use a soft cloth to dry off the gold rings, but be sure not to use any paper towels, tissues, or any old cloth to dry the rings, as it might scratch the surface of the gold rings.
- Finally, take a jewelers cloth (which you can buy at a supermarket or at a jewelry store) and use it to polish your gold rings and restore their shine once again.
How to polish your gold rings using turmeric
Here is a slightly unique but very effective method of polishing your gold rings at home using turmeric. Here is how you can do it:
- Fill up a small bowl with fresh water and add just one teaspoon of turmeric powder into the water. Mix this well to create a yellow-colored cleaning solution.
- Gently place your gold rings into this yellow solution and allow it to soak undisturbed for a few hours, or even overnight.
- Once you soak the gold rings in this solution for a few hours, remove the rings one by one and scrub them very gently using a clean, soft toothbrush, like a baby brush. Be very gentle when cleansing your gold rings, as they are prone to scratching and damage.
- Lastly, rinse off your gold rings under running water till the water runs clear.
- Either allow your gold rings to air dry, or use a soft cloth like a microfiber cloth to dry your gold rings. Avoid using tissues or paper towels to dry your gold rings, as it may scratch or leave little marks on your delicate gold ring.
- Take a polishing cloth and gently buff your gold rings individually. Remember to keep turning the cloth so that you are polishing your gold ring with a new piece of the cloth every time.
How to polish your gold rings using shampoo
For a quick and easy solution to polish your gold rings, you can use your mild shampoo at home to do this! Here is how you can do it:
- In a small bowl, add some warm water and a few drops of a mild shampoo. You can even add a very gentle shampoo like baby shampoo for this method.
- Mix this well with the water to create a soapy solution.
- Take your gold rings and gently dip them into this cleaning solution for 10 minutes.
- Take a soft-bristled brush and gently scrub your gold ring thoroughly, going into all the sides, corners and crevices, and even under the rim of the gold ring. Make sure you don’t scrub too hard, as you don’t want to scratch your gold ring, but clean the ring thoroughly using the solution.
- Rinse out the rings under cold water till the water runs completely clear.
- Take a soft, lint-free cloth and gently dry your gold rings. You can even choose to air dry the rings if you want to.
- Use a jewelers cloth or a polishing cloth to buff your gold rings and restore their shine and polish to them once again.
How to polish your gold rings using club soda
Here is another excellent method you can use at home to polish and clean your gold rings. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add some club soda in it.
- Now, gently place your gold rings into the bowl and allow them to soak undisturbed for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the gold rings one by one and brush them using a soft-bristled brush or a baby brush. Do this with all the gold rings before you rinse them off.
- Rinse all your gold rings under running water and allow them to air dry.
- Finally, take a polishing cloth and buff your gold rings so that they shine like new once again!
How to polish your gold rings using vinegar
While vinegar can be quite acidic, you can use this method occasionally to clean and polish your gold jewelry. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add water and white distilled vinegar to it in equal parts, so that you dilute the vinegar.
- Dip your gold rings into this solution and allow them to soak for a maximum of 10 minutes only. At occasional intervals, stir the bowl slightly so that the vinegar works on your gold rings.
- Remove your rings from the bowl and rinse them using cold water only.
- Dry the gold rings using a lint-free soft cloth and use a polishing cloth to polish and buff your gold rings. It will return the shine and polish back to your gold rings once again!