Whether you have a baby at home or not, most of us have used baby oil for some reason or another. Spills are very common, however, if you have just spilled baby oil on your clean walls and are wondering how to remove baby oil from walls, here are a few great tips and tricks that can help you get the stain right off! You will also read reviews of the best products for oil stain removal, such as the Challenger Concetrated Degraser, you can buy today from Amazon!
Table of Contents
- 1 How can baby oil damage the walls?
- 2 How to remove baby oil from walls using white vinegar?
- 3 How to remove baby oil from walls using heat?
- 4 How to remove baby oil from walls using corn starch?
- 5 Commercial cleaners to remove baby oil from walls
- 6 Challenger Concentrated Degreaser
- 7 Chomp Pull It Out! Concrete Stain Remover
- 8 Blubonic Industries Orange Oil d-Limonene Degreaser
How can baby oil damage the walls?
Baby oil is a very versatile tool in the household. It has a number of great benefits; from using it to soften and moisturize a baby’s skin to using it as a makeup remover, or even using it on a squeaky door handles and hinges to get them working smoothly again. However, when handling such a slippery substance, accidents are very common.
Baby oil can leave noticeable stains on the walls, and simply wiping them down with a cloth or even water is not helpful. If you have a plain surface wall, the stains can be even more noticeable.
However, a few simple home remedies can help remove the baby oil stains in no time.
How to remove baby oil from walls using white vinegar?
White vinegar, just like baby oil, is a very versatile tool to use in the house. You can use white vinegar to remove baby oil from the walls following these simple steps:
- Wipe your wall with a clean, soft cloth before starting.
- Dip a clean sponge in some white vinegar, and wring out any excess liquid from the sponge. Your sponge should be damp, and not wet with the liquid dripping.
- Take the sponge and lightly rub the baby oil stains off your walls. Keep wiping it down and rubbing the white vinegar soaked sponge until all the baby oil is removed.
- Now, take another clean sponge or soft cloth, damped in a little bit of water, and wipe down the stained area on the wall to remove all the residue. Your walls will be free of any baby oil successfully.
How to remove baby oil from walls using heat?
Heat can be a very effective agent against oil stains. However, it is important to be very careful when using this method at home.
- You can use the heat of your iron for this method. Switch on your iron to the lowest heat setting and allow it to get warm.
- While the iron is warming up, take a few paper towels and fold them up neatly into a stack.
- Hold up the stack of paper towels to the oil stained area on the wall. Now, very carefully, use your other hand to iron over the paper towels. Wear protective gloves when you are doing this.
- Ensure that you do not touch the walls directly with the hot iron as this can damage the walls.
- The heat of the iron should warm up the oil on your walls, and the paper towels will absorb the oil.
- Do this for a few minutes, until the oil stain disappears from your wall.
- Once you are done, wipe down your wall using a cloth dipped in warm, soapy water, and then wipe down the walls with a soft, dry cloth.
How to remove baby oil from walls using corn starch?
Surprisingly, even corn starch can help you to remove baby oil from the walls.
- Mix 3 spoons of corn starch with water to make a paste.
- Spread this paste evenly on the baby oil stained area on your walls.
- Allow the paste to sit and absorb the baby oil.
- Using a clean, damp cloth, wipe the paste off.
- You will need to repeat this process a few times until the oil stains are completely removed.
Commercial cleaners to remove baby oil from walls
In case the methods from above don’t help you, you can try out some of these amazing commercial cleaners to help rid your walls of any baby oil stains effectively!
Challenger Concentrated Degreaser
If you need a versatile cleaner to remove oil stains, Challenger Concetrated Degraser is the solution for you. You can use it inside as well as outside of your home. It even removes mold.
- Can be used either directly or in diluted form according to specific needs
- Removes all kinds of oil stains
- Works on any surface without causing damage
- Can be used on the interior as well as exterior objects
- Strong concentrate which can be used on the toughest oil stains
- The product is concentrated hence must be used carefully to avoid damage. However, if diluted properly and used with protective gear, it works great.
This is the strongest oil cleaner you can find for multi-surface cleaning purposes. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Chomp Pull It Out! Concrete Stain Remover
Chomp’s Pull It Out is a seriously magical oil stain remover which will pull out oil stains in no time!
- Works especially on concrete and brick walls
- Does not contain any toxic ingredients
- Does not contain bleach
- Safe to use
- Absorbs and removes oil stains within minutes; fast working formula
- Has a pleasant odor after drying
- The product leaves a white, chalky residue after drying. However, simply washing off the area or gently scrubbing it with a brush will remove the white residue off the walls easily!
A fast working oil stain remover formula, that works great on walls. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Blubonic Industries Orange Oil d-Limonene Degreaser
For those customers who are a little more careful and prefer an organic, gentle but powerful enough oil remover, d-Limonene Oil is the best oil stain cleaner for you.
- Completely organic with no synthetic materials added
- A versatile cleaning solution can be used on all surfaces and all kinds of stains
- Safe to use on painted walls, plastic, wood, metal, carpet, clothing, stone.
- No harmful substances added
- Clear PET bottles which are environment-friendly
- Leaves no unsightly white streaks or marks after drying
- If used on sensitive surfaces you may want to dilute it.
A one of a kind organic oil stain remover, safe, environment-friendly, that works like great! Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Also read: How to get rid of butter stains.