Many homeowners face the problem of having hard water stains on the mirrors, or the glass shower doors. This limescale buildup mainly occurs because of the hard water you use in your homes. However, this doesn’t have to be an unsolvable problem! Here you can find out how to remove hard water stains from glass, the easy way. We will also talk about the best hard water stain removers which you can buy today!
Table of Contents
How do hard water stains appear on glass?
Many households get a supply of hard water from their taps and showers. This kind of water contains a large number of minerals and deposits. When this hard water comes in contact with your glass doors or mirrors, it can form stains and marks on the glass. However, there are some great commercial cleaners to help remove these stains.
Bio-Clean Hard Water Stain Remover
Everyone is looking for the ideal cleaner which effectively removes hard water stains from glass, without causing any damage to the glass. If the product is eco-friendly and safe, then it is an even bigger bonus! Bio-Clean is a product that works wonders in removing hard water stains from glass surfaces.
- Made completely from non-chemical compounds
- It removes hard water stains from all kinds of surfaces; glass, stainless steel, brass, porcelain, aluminum, etc.
- A 20oz large bottle that you can use for a long time
- Industrial and commercial strength cleaning liquid
- Removes even the most stubborn hard water stains from glass surfaces
- The product is entirely biodegradable and eco-friendly
- No harmful gases or fumes released
- A strong but pleasant wintergreen smell
- Some of the older stains might take more than a few cleaning sessions to remove completely
However, the big size of this bottle and the excellent quality makes it very easy to use this product repeatedly on your glass without any damage. Use the cleaner a few times on stubborn hard water stains, and it will remove them with ease.
For those homeowners looking for safe, non-chemical hard water stain remover for glass this is an excellent option. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Bring It On! Cleaner
Bring It On is ready to tackle any hard water build up on your glass doors or any other glass surface in your bathroom.
- Oxygen bleach formula, as opposed to chlorine bleach formula
- No harmful chemicals or toxic gases and fumes produced
- Available in 3 different sizes
- Multi-use limescale remover, which works on brick, furniture, stone, tile, glass, cement and much more
- Very easy to use – pour the cleaning solution on to a sponge and scrub away!
- Oxygen bleach formula which is non-toxic
- Pleasant fragrance with no chemical fumes
- Slightly abrasive, scratching on glass surface might occur if you rub too hard. However, you can avoid this by using a soft sponge or soft bristled brush for applying the cleaning liquid on your glass.
A unique oxygen bleach formula guaranteed to remove all kinds of hard water stains and limescale from your glass doors. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
If you are looking for a powerful hard water cleaning formula which is strong, yet gentle on the surface which you will use it on, the CLR Pro uses a patented cleaning formula to give you just that!
- A 1-gallon bottle which is long-lasting
- It is a biodegradable product; does not harm plants, grass, animals or vegetation
- Multi-use cleaner which you can use on a variety of surfaces without any harm or damage
- Works with immediate action on easy to remove hard water stains; can be kept for longer on more stubborn stains
- Clears up calcium and rust build up and stops it from coming back
- Can remove clogs as well as melt away any hard residue
- Since it is, in fact, a chemical solution, the fumes might be too strong. However, if you wear a protective mask and gloves while using this product, you will face absolutely no issues with the strong smell of the cleaning liquid. Also, the fumes vanish as soon as you rinse off the product.
One of the most popular hard water stain removers, CLR Pro, lives up to its excellent reputation! Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Stone Pro Hard Water Deposit Remover
For those looking for a hard water stain remover which is gentle enough to use at home but also powerful enough for outside, Stone Pro is the ultimate product for you.
- A non-toxic compound formula which is safe to use on all surfaces without damage
- Can be used with a scrubber for removing hard water stains completely
- 1-quart formula which is long lasting and effective
- It is a fast working formula; starts removing hard water stains within minutes
- Can remove hard water stains, coal build up, limescale, grout and other kinds of stains effectively
- Does not produce any toxic fumes
- The product, if not rinsed out well, can leave some stained residue
However, there is a straightforward fix to this problem. Just make sure that you rinse out the product very well so that there is no residue or streaking left behind.
A versatile all in one cleaning product for using at home, or even for commercial purposes. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
Oxy-Pro Instant Spot & Stain Remover
A commercial cleaner, Oxy Pro removes easily hard water stains and other kinds of streaking and staining on your glass. It also removes rust and mold.
- Completely environment-friendly product
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces without fear of damage (glass, carpet, walls)
- Removes rust, hard water stains and limescale effectively
- Also removes wine, juice, blood, coffee, sauce …
- Chlorine-free solution
- Safe to use regularly
- Color safe
- If the stain is dated, you may need to use it more than once. But in the end, it will get the job done.
To effectively remove all kinds of hard water stains from any glass surface, Oxy-Pro is a great product to use. It will help you with many other stains since it is a multipurpose solution. It is entirely safe and produces no harmful fumes, thus can be used regularly. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.